Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Chime HW 1.2 Not Sounding Very Loud With Alarm

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HNDK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have just bought a Chime together with a Arlo Pro 2 set and an Arlo doorbell.

I'm trying to use the Chime together with the siren on the base unit in a mode where I wan't both the Chime to siren and the base station to sound the siren.

The siren sound from the Chime is the problem. There are a lot of crackling sounds together with the siren sound - and it doesnt sound very loud.

The chime functions as expected when used together with Arlo doorbell. Melodies and simulated "somebody home" sounds work as I expect. It is only the siren which is causing problems.

I have tried to moved the chime around the house in different sockets and ones very near to the base unit - no luck unfortunately. I've tried to reset the base station - no luck unfortunately. 

Does anybody have suggestions for this issue?

Br. Karsten

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may just be a faulty chime. Swap at the store.

Jim_Cronin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was the chime siren defective? Did swapping it out fix the problem? I'm having the same issue. Arlo tech support hasn't responded to my inquiry on this. Thanks. 

@HNDK wrote:

Hi,

I have just bought a Chime together with a Arlo Pro 2 set and an Arlo doorbell.

I'm trying to use the Chime together with the siren on the base unit in a mode where I wan't both the Chime to siren and the base station to sound the siren.

The siren sound from the Chime is the problem. There are a lot of crackling sounds together with the siren sound - and it doesnt sound very loud.

The chime functions as expected when used together with Arlo doorbell. Melodies and simulated "somebody home" sounds work as I expect. It is only the siren which is causing problems.

I have tried to moved the chime around the house in different sockets and ones very near to the base unit - no luck unfortunately. I've tried to reset the base station - no luck unfortunately. 

Does anybody have suggestions for this issue?

Br. Karsten

HNDK
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

I returned it to the shop and received another one - unfortunately the new one had exactly the same problems. I decided to keep it despite this problem. But I am not impressed with this product from Arlo at all - which is a pity, because other products from Arlo are pretty great. But the overall impression of the brand suffer from this product.
Br. Karsten
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation