Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I am using a VMB4000r3 base station with Arlo Pro2 Cameras, Firmware version 1.20.7.0_4237_cf4d59a. I can access all cameras on live through the mobile app and record, with recordings going to library, but cannot do the same via the pc my.arlo.com web. On my.arlo.com, the live preview image will show, but looks like it has a sun glass filter over it, has three white circles cycling left to right, and the record button greyed out. The red live light with the words 'live' are showing in the top left hand corner. We tested if the camera on live feed showed live movement, (ie had someone walk infront of the camera while in live view on my.arlo.com) but it didn't show. Does anyone know how this can be fixed. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi DannyBearAgain

Well, it seems we found out that the issue with the my.arlo.com was due to a router connectivity issue.  This has now been resolved with swapping the router out with another one.

Thank you for jumping onboard and offering your well thought out diagnostic steps. Who would have thought it could have been the router!! Cheers 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What pc browser are you using? Maybe try  a different one like chrome, edge or Firefox.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi DannyBearAgain, Am currently using Firefox and has been fine using my.arlo.com until yesterday. Have arlo.com whitelisted. Cheers

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I believe that the arlo server is unable to stream at the HD camera resolution and likely why the mobile devices app is able to play the stream since it displays at a much smaller resolution. 

Yes you will get the three circles and maybe a few frames showing in between as the player stalls and waits for the steam to catchup.

I can’t say why it has just started to happen unless you’re pc has a process taking your resources away from the browser.

If you’re pc uses video hardware acceleration you should expect the resource to be used by the browser but it can also be locked out by another browser like edge.

best start with rebooting the pc, check on someone else’s pc.

check using the pc task manager to identify what processes are using up the cpu.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi DannyBearAgain

Well, it seems we found out that the issue with the my.arlo.com was due to a router connectivity issue.  This has now been resolved with swapping the router out with another one.

Thank you for jumping onboard and offering your well thought out diagnostic steps. Who would have thought it could have been the router!! Cheers 🙂

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Thanks for letting us here know.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation