Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update fails on vmb4540r2

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Crabdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. My 4540r2 does not get the new firmware. I’m stuck with 1.19.0.3_1172_68a8e53. Any tips?

I want to be able to have local recordings available again!

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A firmware update shouldn't be needed for local recordings - this hub has supported that for a long time.

Where are you located? Not all countries can get all updates at the same time. If that's not the case, the fastest thing to do may be to remove all devices from your account and start fresh, adding the hub back in first.

Crabdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I’m located in Sweden and I have had local recording enabled for years. Local recording stopped with the latest Arlo Secure App upgrade and, from another thread, I read that the latest firmware update solves this. 

Crabdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

 This is the error message i get when clicking on ”Library/Bibliotek”

D404E1ED-F49A-4C5A-83D3-7995D5E3D1D7.png

Crabdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

And I forgot to mention, I formatted the sd-card and I van see that there are new recordings made by looking at ”storage status”. Hence, it’s the upgraded app that’s causing this issue but a firmware update in the SmartHub that solves it?

Cmason01
Aspirant
Aspirant

There was an issue with this hub and local recording... Due to firmware update... The 20 was a fix apparently... But my hub won't update. Located in UK. Have reset uninstalled etc. 

Crabdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

By the way, is the firmware 1.20.xxx available in Sweden? As I said my basestation shows firmware 1.19.0.3_xxx and also says that is the latest version )no updates available) when I’m hitting the Firmware button. 

Crabdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a factory reset and now my local storage works again. But still cant update firmware 😫

Crabdude
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thnx a million.
Oh I will. Or by a new system might be an option soon. Sadly many corporates break fantastic products with silly policies. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation