Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I have a ? for you
I have the arlo base station 4000, its been running fine for 3 yrs now.
But I was wondering when the siren is triggered on the base station within a "Rule" I have setup for night time and to send push notifications to my phone, is the notification being sent because the siren was triggered or because the other device "camera" detected motion?
The reason I'm asking this is because when the siren is triggered, I'm not getting a notification that is has gone off or showing within the Arlo app that the base station siren is activated.
I physically have to view the video from the camera, then to realize that the siren is sounding.
I remember before, say a little less than a year ago, I was getting alerts that the siren was activated, but since all the other updates to the app, that doesn't happen anymore. Very frustrating.
Can you help me?

Thanks

Pete

25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Pucksterpete

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

You may also use the new Help Center feature within your app under Settings > Support.

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, but I waited over 40 min. on the phone and then got disconnected!

My problem still exists...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask if the Arlo app support worked for you? Under Settings > Support?

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sure, no neither of the links within the app work, I had to contact them through their contact page and open a ticket  
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

hopefully they can get their updates to work correctly

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'll try an simplify my problem that I am having

When the siren from the base station is triggered, will I receive a notification from the app notifying me that the siren has been triggered and is currently sounding?
tnx
Pete

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You will receive a notification for the camera set under the rules to trigger the base station/Siren 

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tnx for the reply

So knowing that, then the only way to know if your base station siren has been triggered, you physically have to playback the video of the camera that detected motion or sound (depending on how you have the rule setup) and sent the push notification.

Would this be correct and the only way or is there another way to know if your base station siren has been triggered?

Tnx

Pete

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If the rule with the siren is set up to trigger the camera and send a PN, that would also imply the siren has been activated from that camera when the PN is received. 

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay, that I understand.

When the base station siren is triggered, would it show within the Arlo app that the siren is currently active sounding?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Yss, there will be a red banner at the top of the screen that shows the active siren message & will allow you to disable it. 

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice
That's what I thought, but for about a year now I have not been getting that red banner/slide button active siren feature within the app
What can I do to get that resolved?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this siren being triggered from your base or the pro 3? When I tested with my pro 3 siren, the app took a few seconds to populate the siren, it wasn't showing activated as soon as I loaded the app. Can you see if it loads after some time?

Thanks

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have it setup for the siren to be triggered from the base and I get nothing from the app about the siren being on; I use to about a year ago, but not now.

I did do a test with the pro 3 camera triggering its siren and I did get the app to populate the siren.

I do prefer the base station siren for its much louder.

Any ideas on trying to get the app to populate the siren slider with the base station?

tnx

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this on an android or iOS device? Which version of the Arlo app are you using? I tested the base siren on my iphone and the in app notification showed up after 10-15 sec. 

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice
Android
Arlo 2.19.2_28110
Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still can't get the siren to populate within the app when its triggered.....bummer

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask for the case number you currently or last used for this issue?

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

reference number 41884143

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated this issue for you. Your escalations number is: 41934816

Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your help.

I had support call me today and send me an email, this is what they told me:

Dear Pete,

Your record has been updated by Arlo Support.

File number: 41884143
File Summary: BS siren functionality question
Product: VMB4000
ref: _00D0zEpbg._5000z1SlUo0: ref

Arlo Update: Hello,
We have reproduced exactly with the same material as you, therefore the Arlo VMB4000 base and the Arlo VMC4030 camera.
We receive without problem the notification of the siren which is of course on our Arlo app.
Here is the link of the capture of our test =>

1 / Make sure that push notifications are checked in mode => activated => your camera.
2 / Check if your siren is activated in the mode, here are the instructions =>
Launch the Arlo app or sign in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com
Tap or click Mode and click On
Tap the pencil icon or click> next to it
Under Rules, tap the pencil icon or click Edit next to the camera you want to trigger the siren for
Click Add a new device
Choose the Base Station with the alarm icon and click on Next
Activate the siren - Next
Adjust sliders for alarm duration and alarm intensity
Tap Done or click Save

Note: This rule is only active when you activate the mode to which you have added the siren trigger.

I would be grateful if you would keep me informed of the outcome of this manipulation.

Looking forward to your response, I wish you a great day!
Thank you for choosing ARLO!
Regards,
Arlo Support Europe

To me, they are telling me things that I already know.

The rules I have for each of my cameras are setup correctly.

I'm just not getting any notifications or populated active siren menu when my base station VMB4000r3 is actively sounding the siren

On the other hand when my pro 3 camera siren is activated, I am getting the correct populated menu within the app to show, that works great, just not my base station VMB4000r3

I don't know what else I can try?

One thing I would like to mention is, it would be nice to get push notifications for any siren that is triggered or activated within a rule.

We get push notifications from cameras that detect movement or smart notifications showing what actually triggered the camera; but nothing for the base station siren or pro 3 siren or any other Arlo camera that has a built in siren.

Tns

Pete

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please update your case letting the support team know your base station does not seem to populate the disable siren banner but your Pro 3 camera does. 

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the help ShayneS

It looks like I am not the only one with this problem.

Do you remember this thread?

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Can-t-deactivate-siren-after-motion-triggered-No-Siren-bann...

Pucksterpete
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here is the latest reply from Arlo Support

"Dear Pete,
Thank You For Contacting Us.

I Have Checked And Consulted.
The Option Is Supposed To Be There, However It Is Not Apparent On The First Glance.
To Disable The Siren After It Has Been Triggered Due To Motion (Depending On Your Mode) You Should Tap The Upper Right Corner With The Red Shield.
The Option To Disable The Siren Should Be Under That Shield.

Also Instead Of Disabling The Siren Manually You Can Set It Up In The Mode So It "Plays" For A Fixed Amount Of Time.

As Per Notifications That The Siren Was Activated It Is Not Possible To Set It Up Like That

Best Regards,
Robert - Arlo Support Europe"

My Reply

Robert, thanks for replying back.

But, because I don't get a notification that the siren has been triggered because a camera has detected motion/sound, I have to rely on remembering that if this camera within a schedule rule has been triggered after a certain time of the day/night, then I have to investigate on what triggered the siren.

It would be GREAT if the system would send out a push notification telling you that your siren has been activated.

you said
"I Have Checked And Consulted.
The Option Is Supposed To Be There, However It Is Not Apparent On The First Glance.
To Disable The Siren After It Has Been Triggered Due To Motion (Depending On Your Mode) You Should Tap The Upper Right Corner With The Red Shield.
The Option To Disable The Siren Should Be Under That Shield."

This is exactly what I do now to turn off the siren, it's aggravating and I wish it worked correctly.

Hopefully in a next Arlo App update it will be fixed and maybe a "Siren Activated push notification" will be added.

Thanks for your help

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation