Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station location

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

Would like to confirm (from reading posts) that placing the Arlo Base station very near ones existing router is not recommended. Read posts that the two should have some distance between them. Appreciate any concern, one way or another.

thanks, Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And I have always had a base (original and now Pro) sitting dang near touching my high-powered router's antennas with nary an issue. I suspect most times there's no problem but it's something to try if you do encounter an issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I wouldn't place it 'right' next to it, but I have two bases sitting aprox 6 ft from each router without an issue....

Many just use the cord supplied.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And I have always had a base (original and now Pro) sitting dang near touching my high-powered router's antennas with nary an issue. I suspect most times there's no problem but it's something to try if you do encounter an issue.

Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

First, thanks equally to TomMac and Jguerdat for answering my location question. If I could, 2 follow up questions. While I can go the battery route, I would prefer using the power cord. *One camera needs an additional 3-5 piece of exterior extension cord, the other needs a good 8-10’ extension.......I am hoping you guys say......no problem!? **Maybe no one has asked this question, but does anyone make any kind of partial cover, baffle, that can protect 90% of the camera...except for part of the front lens area.....?

Hope to set up soon!

thanks, Bill

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) Lots of USB extension cords on Amazon. Use a good quality cable, not the cheapest.

2) There are suggestions here for use of things like bird houses, fence posts, etc, that may be useful. There's no official product but some creative thinking can produce interesting results.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation