Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extension cord question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

First, thanks equally to TomMac and Jguerdat for answering my location question. If I could, 2 follow up questions. While I can go the battery route, I would prefer using the power cord. *One camera needs an additional 3-5 piece of exterior extension cord, the other needs a good 8-10’ extension.......I am hoping you guys say......no problem!? **Maybe no one has asked this question, but does anyone make any kind of partial cover, baffle, that can protect 90% of the camera...except for part of the front lens area.....?

Hope to set up soon!

thanks, Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

There are currently no approved outdoor power supplies.

Having said this, if you choose to run an extension USB cable to a camera (and potentially void your warranty) you need to make sure that it's a high quality USB cable using larger than normal gauge wire to reduce any voltage drop to the camera.

There are neoprene sleeves for the cameras. I mounted one of my cameras in the back of a large plastic container that forms a shroud over the camera preventing dew etc. settling on the lens.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

.....So I should have mentioned, one camera will be exposed to direct salt air from the visible Atlantic Ocean along with a steady wind. Looking to provide a protective cover over most of the camera, except for the front lens tha fortunately will get the least amount of exposure! 

Thanks, Bill

Streak2
Master Master
Master

There are currently no approved outdoor power supplies.

Having said this, if you choose to run an extension USB cable to a camera (and potentially void your warranty) you need to make sure that it's a high quality USB cable using larger than normal gauge wire to reduce any voltage drop to the camera.

There are neoprene sleeves for the cameras. I mounted one of my cameras in the back of a large plastic container that forms a shroud over the camera preventing dew etc. settling on the lens.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation