Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ZZ1234
Tutor
Tutor

Has anything been released to fix this issue of the internet connection from the base station going offline?. When I go in the app on my phone or tablet my battery operated cameras Arlo pro2 shows a message that says your base station is offline. I have one camera which is an indoor Arlo Q which stays online and still works.  My base station has the power and camera lights solid green but the internet light is out. The only fix seems to be power cycling the base station. This happens at least monthly maybe more. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you contacted Arlo support....?

Is it possible the base has a defect?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One post on this is sufficient - I've seen at least 3.  I answered one of the other ones but here's the gist - the Internet LED being out means you have no connection to your router. That can be a bad base, cable or router port. Use a different cable and router port to see if that helps.

Lexingtonian
Tutor
Tutor

I’ve had this issue and it turned out to be the web filtering on my firewall interrupting the base station. I set the router to let the base station traffic pass without filtering/IDS and the problem went away. Essentially setting the firewall to allow it to bypass security/accountability measures. Every firewall is different thus it’s be difficult for me to guide you in this task for yours. Worth a look

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was your base showing the Internet LED totally off or was it amber? The original issue here was the LED being off meaning no connection to the router in the first place.

However, the firewall settings are an occasional issue here (especially with business networks) and is worth noting. Thanks.

Lexingtonian
Tutor
Tutor

I apologize for missing the network light off portion of your post. I’ve read so many of these base station off-line post that they sort of blended together when I responded to yours.. yes in my case my network light was Amber.

Business case is the same issue with me as well as I have an enterprise class firewall at home and thus a bit more complexity than a typical consumer grade piece.

Cheers and thank you for the prompt reply

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation