Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Android app crashes when accessing geofencing settings. Says "Arlo has stopped"

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PolaxMan
Follower
Follower

I recently bought an Arlo 2 with a single camera. Everything was fine for a week or so until I tried to set up geofencing today. In the Android app, whenever I try to select the geofencing mode or click the pencil icon to edit geofencing settings the app crashes With the message 'Arlo has stopped'.

I have tried reinstalling the app. I have also reset the hub (losing all settings and the connection to the camera), but nothing has fixed it.

I am on Android 8.

Has anybody else encountered this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue is now fixed on the latest Arlo Android app version, which is version 2.16. Make sure to update to the latest version and you can read more about the update here: Arlo Android App - 2.16 - 29th April 2020

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the newest Arlo app for Android.

Since the last update, the app sometimes crashes when I open the app. This occurs on multiple Android devices I have. The last 3 of 4 updates for Android made the app worse. The version I had in let’s say end of last year was bug free for me on Android. Now we have had notification problems and app crashes.

Also since yesterday, when I open the mode tab and press the edit pencil of geofencing the app crashes. No information is given by Arlo about any known issue. However I read that Life360 gave a statement about a bug in apps that use google maps/location. Is this the problem for Arlo as well?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey PolaxMan and TKNT81,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried restarting your Android device to see if that helps?

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, I did unistall the arlo app

Cleared cache of the arlo app

Restarted my Android 10 phone (OnePlus 7T Pro)

Re-installed the Arlo App for Android

all without succes.

Arlo, have a look at Twitter and then Life360, there seems to be a problem with in-app use of Google’s location service. Is this also the problem for Arlo?

My two phones, OnePlus and Blackberry all have the same issue.

Life360

Arlo

Garmin Connect

when acces is required of the in-app location the app crashes

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Life360 stated via Twitter that there is a problem with Google’s location service.

Life360 and Google are working to fix it!

They gave a workaround:

Clear cache AND data!

Then login the Arlo app and this worked for me!

24 hours ago Life360 gave a statement on Twitter that they were aware of an issue. Arlo status: all up and running

Why isn’t Arlo giving timely statements?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@TKNT81 

They just did in the post prior to yours about a half hour before u posted 

TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice
I read that post!
But what I meant, this statement was rather late!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue is now fixed on the latest Arlo Android app version, which is version 2.16. Make sure to update to the latest version and you can read more about the update here: Arlo Android App - 2.16 - 29th April 2020

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation