Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Bbto
Guide
Guide

I recently bought Arlo Pro 2. I just created an account . Added the base without problems even though it took a lot of time (ages compare to other similar products) to add it. When adding a new camera after 2 mins trying to find a camera it logs me out because supposedly I have logged in from another device.
This is a new account I just made and only myself have the information. I'm doing everything through the app on Galaxy S8. Its is really annoying all this . I'm about to return product to the store.

44 REPLIES 44
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
Did you delete the legacy Arlo app after upgrading to the new app? It’s almost like your account thinks your logging in from 2 devices - assuming no one else has your credentials and is logging in as you’d stated, that’s the only thing I could think of that may be contributing.
dlirion
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I uninstalled the old legacy app before installing the new on my Moto G6 Play. The only other device the app is installed on is a smart pad which is turned off and in a drawer. Something fishy going on here.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

My wife and I have both had that happen these last two days. I am the main account holder and she is the invited guest. But just out of the blue we get logged out of the app. Nothing to do with logging on elsewhere. 
I know if I’m on my phone and then log on on my laptop, that happens. But that’s normal.

cumins229
Tutor
Tutor

Just when I think Arlo can't get any worse , it does.  Without warning, Arlo decides I need to be logged out.  This has just started tonight but has happened 3 or 4 times on two different devices.  What is going on?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
App logs me out every time I open it saying I was logged out because I was logged in by another device. I'm the 8nly one with this app, no one on Earth has my Arlo log in info.

I live alone, don't have log in info written down anywhere. No one has my log in email address. So how is it kicking me out and saying another device logged in.

Is someone at Arlo logging in and spying on my business? Is it a app defect? Why does this happen from day one. You spend over $2,000 on multiple cams and lights and it will not work properly.

I call and no 9ne helps, it's a script they go off if and it has nothing to do with the problem. Tell you 500 times to uninstall reinstall log out clear cache..... Replace battery, charge phone, turn off phone. NO HELP AT ALL.

Arlo Android app version 2.9.2_26040
Update Release 10/14/2019
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I would love to know the answer to this too. Happens regularly. And only since swapping out from the legacy app.

mandimarks2018
Tutor
Tutor

I have this same exact issue. We haven't installed our cameras yet because we are trying to see if they're even worth keeping. We have them posted in our windows towards the front and back door and it SUCKS!!!!!

We don't get any notifications until the person is way gone. Maybe a 5-10 second delay! Also, it constantly logs me out! Every time I go to click on the app and see "live", it says to log back in. However, I never log out! 
It should be just like facebook in the sense that it runs in the background and will take you straight back to the app. But it isn't. Each night I have gotten zero alerts and I KNOW IT HAD TO CAPTURE SOMETHING. But no, it's because I'm not logged in the app and will forever log me out each time. Definitely not worth the money to have to hassle and log yourself back in each time! 

mandimarks2018
Tutor
Tutor

I have this same exact issue @StephenB . We haven't installed our cameras yet because we are trying to see if they're even worth keeping. We have them posted in our windows towards the front and back door and it SUCKS!!!!!

We don't get any notifications until the person is way gone. Maybe a 5-10 second delay! Also, it constantly logs me out! Every time I go to click on the app and see "live", it says to log back in. However, I never log out! 
It should be just like facebook in the sense that it runs in the background and will take you straight back to the app. But it isn't. Each night I have gotten zero alerts and I KNOW IT HAD TO CAPTURE SOMETHING. But no, it's because I'm not logged in the app and will forever log me out each time. Definitely not worth the money to have to hassle and log yourself back in each time! 

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The cameras are NOT designed to look through glass so that's why they suck, to much reflection off the glass.

mandimarks2018
Tutor
Tutor
I appreciate the reply @silverado44. However, my concern isnt so much the camera capturing, because it does, it is the lag time to process the information.
We even posted one in our home and would walk back and forth from it and it's still significantly lagging.
Also, I called again today and there's still no answer on why it keeps logging me out.
There are multiple issues here.
Willjc
Initiate
Initiate
Same do I . I contacted to customer service and pointed it out as an app issue, but they denied. Just let me change the setting from my profile unclick the 2 way verification. It doesn't work at all, have to re-log in almost every time when I use the app.
N4KHQ
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, I am new and thought was the first reply to the post:

Are you being logged out of the Galaxy S8 or have you logged in through a web browser or any other device. If you have not check you Galaxy 8 setting. From my limited experience, the problem is with your Galaxy S8 setting. Do you have good wifi signal between base station and cameras. 

Stash66
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this problem all the time.

iPhone X and Chrome browser.

I cant use the Chrome browser it simply continually logs me in and then out.

so frustrating.

rmanaz
Guide
Guide

Same problems here on the April 22,  2020 app Version 2.16(260) on an iPhone.  First time I have used the Arlo app in a while because quite frankly it's always been buggy and geofencing never reliable and now it's saying I have logged in from another device every time I do anything on the app.  It's bad enough that they have never after all of these years figured out that one really needs multiple modes active like geofencing during the day and always armed at night when you are sleeping but now they can't even keep you signed into the app.  I honestly can't figure out why people gave arlo such good reviews and wish we would have went another route.

pearljammer1
Aspirant
Aspirant

That page doesn't exist. There is no Arlo support, apparently.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@pearljammer1   Not sure what page your talking about but if it was the support page it was down at least the last several hours but is up now. 

pearljammer1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@dcfox1 That's what I was talking about. I had been trying to get to that page for hours but it was always down.

cpoooooo
Initiate
Initiate

The ARLO system is being hacked constantly.  

Consider this:

in order for you to access your cameras, you must log into the app or through the website.  You cannot log into your Arlo hub directly.  It always goes through the ARLO system.  

So, if your system logs you out and says that you are logged in from another device, it has happened through the ARLO system.  

This has happened to me twice so far.

Arlo customer service and technicians all deny that it has happened.  They say no one else has ever reported it.  That is total BS.  

They do not want anyone to know of their security risk.  And, they don't fix the problem.

rmanaz
Guide
Guide

No one else has reported it because the rest of us have given up on Arlo and their stupid programmers or stupid managers making the decisions for the programmers. 

You need to be able to log in from multiple devices.  If something isn't working on the iPhone app (which happens constantly although a bit better after this last update and resetting my hub to factory defaults and doing a complete reinstall of everything) you should be able to log into the web app on your computer to see if that is working. 

This is plain and common sense and I'm a programmer so know that it can be done.  Also every other app in the world does multiple logins from multiple devices.

MaryMaryMary
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same issue with no other device and person having access. I've changed my password, use two-step and reinstalled many times to try to stop it from happening but eventually it happens again. I just find it funny how Arlo loves to ask questions to see what you are doing wrong but never once mention a possible threat and lack of security on their end. They just like to ask the same questions over and over, insinuating you are doing something wrong. This needs to be addressed but it will never be addressed when all they want to do is blame you. How can a company pride themselves on security when they don't want to even acknowledge and fix a possible security issue.