Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
szee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any chance VMB4500 wireless performance was improved during the upgrade?  I purchased a 2-camera Arlo Pro2 from Amazon which came with the VMB4500.  Setup was ok with some trial and error on positioning and angle with satisfactory motion detection.  Needing two more cameras, I follow that up with buying a 4-camera Arlo Pro2 from Amazon (great deal!) thinking I can just swap hardware into the 2-camera package and send it back, but it has the older VMB4000.  I hookup the VMB4000 using the same cameras from the original 2-camera kit, and I feel that detection lag appears worst.  Is it possible the new VMB4500 has better wireless performance than the older VMB4000?   4/21/20 pics are with VMB4500... 4/27/20 pics are with VMB4000 from two paths (from sidewalk and garage) off my front porch camera.  I know everyone seems more concerned about the dB level of the siren (yeah, 4500 is wimpy).  I will continue to monitor this, (check if time of day/shadows/contrast make a difference) but has anyone heard about motion lag improvement with 4500?  Put's me in a quandry.  At some point I will switch back to VMB4500.

VMB4500 - from sidewalkVMB4500 - from sidewalkVMB4000 - from sidewalkVMB4000 - from sidewalkVMB4500 - from garageVMB4500 - from garageVMB4000 - from garageVMB4000 - from garage

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@szee wrote:

Put's me in a quandry.  At some point I will switch back to VMB4500.

Quandary not needed. You can try using both hubs side by side.

My old VMB4000 has just one role in life, as a horribly noisy alarm. All cameras are attached to a different hub.  I can still get them to trigger the VMB4000.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation