Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to make Arlo Pro 2 cameras wired

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
karanaus
Follower
Follower

Hi Guys, Must be an old question but I haven't found any concrete answers anywhere. I have recently bought 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras with the base station. Everything is good. Now the problem starts Onyl after purchasing, I got to know that it will only do motion sensor recording. Ok that's also fine, it needs to be wired for 24*7 recording, which was another surprise. After such a costly camera, I still have to pay a monthly operation cost. I would have been better with wired ones with on-location storage.

Pain point, I want to get all my Arlo Pro 2 Cameras wired to get all the features. How can I do it, there doesn't seem to enough big wire charger available which can be crawled through my room to my charge point. And that too for all 4 cameras it's even difficult. Arlo, kindly suggest how can I wire all my cameras. Charger which u guys are selling is a small cable charger won't reach anywhere and other online devices have a bad review. 

I am thinking of returning it.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To be fully powered 24/7 they obv need an ac supply...

Some users have done this by wiring on their own when long cables weren't available.... tho I do see some 3rd party cables that are 28-30ft

The cameras can be run by a regular USB adapter that puts out 1.5a ( but will not charge the battery  as the battery needs a qualcom dual voltage usb adapter; 5/9v ). You can just remove the battery if needed or get qualcom compatible adapters

As to a charge, there is still NO charges for the basic 7 day storage with the Pro2 cameras ( only the newer units ) with 5 or less cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation