Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

Re: Arlo app not starting after update (Android)

@JamesC wrote:

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating this topic. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

That is Arlo's response? I feel so much better now. I bet the "team" is up day and night investigating. How about the team switch from investigating to fixing? If you read all 13 pages of complaints from the last 3 days, you should be able to wrap up the investigating apect. Or perhaps the team needs a few more screenshots before it can begin to fix things?

Message 351 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Android app update Nov 21 broke app!

I'm having a similar issue.

I launched Arlo app on my phone after an update on 11/21/18 and was prompted with permission request "Allow Arlo to make and manage phone calls" I allowed it and app opened fine. However, ever since then, every single time I make or accept a phone call, Arlo app would crash even if I don't have an actual app running and I would not get anymore push notification from the app until I go and launch the application once so the process starts running in the background.

Phone: Galaxy S7 edge

Application version: 2.6.3_23000
Base Firmware: 1.12.0.0_27099
I have 5 cameras, all have Firmware: 1.125.11.3_26229

Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 352 of 457
Guide

Re: JamesC's response about the broken app

A more sincere apology from Arlo and its so-called development team would go a long way toward customer satisfaction and retention.

Also, Arlo needs to notify about its broken app and what it is going to do about it, on its main website and community. Not just bury some vague comment about "the development team is looking into it" in a merged thread with 14 pages.

Do companies no longer understand how to give good customer service? Guess not. Looks like it is time for me to write to the media and Arlo's CEO and let them know what is going on. Not that anyone cares ...
Message 353 of 457
Aspirant

Re: ARLO APP KEEPS CRASHING

Mine too. Down for several days
Message 354 of 457
Aspirant

Should give us full refunds
Message 355 of 457
Aspirant

Re: "Arlo has stopped" - android app stopped working on Samsung phone

I have the same phone and same issue. Kind of useless to have a security system I can't monitor. My wife told galaxy 3 still works with the app.
Message 356 of 457
Guru

Re: Arlo pro

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Message 357 of 457
Aspirant

My arlo has been working great but today I get a message saying arlo has stopped. WHY?

Message 358 of 457
Guru

Re: My arlo has been working great but today I get a message saying arlo has stopped. WHY?

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Message 359 of 457
Tutor

Re: Arlo App has stopped working

Thank you for posting. Got the older app from the Amazon site, a d it works just fine. Thanks again.
Message 360 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Mobile appl keeps stopping on Galaxy J7 since update yesterday. J7 running 8.1.0.

I spoke with Arlo support today....they said they aware of issue & working on it...they will email us when it is solved.
Message 361 of 457
Aspirant

Samsung J3. Same problem as everyone else here - latest update to the app has made the app crash on my phone. I'm assuming (1) no update from Arlo on a fix yet and (2) no official access to old version that worked in the interim. Correct?
Message 362 of 457

Re: Arlo app crashes when I try and bring it up....

I have the same problem . I dont know if they are trying to fix it. Support acts like they dont know anything
Message 363 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Arlo app error: Arlo has stopped send feedback

I also have s7
Can you let me know if there is a fix?
My app keeps crashing and I have to put it to sleep or it drains the battery
Message 364 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Not able to open the app for two days

I tried that link but can't find a way to open a case
Message 365 of 457

You don't need to open a case at this point. They are fully aware that the app is crashing from their update. Half the people on here have called including myself and it's pointless. The best thing to do is to try and follow what some have done on this thread to get it up and working and keep looking on here to see if they finally fix it.

Message 366 of 457
Aspirant

Alro has stopped working on my Android device

When I try to open the Arlo app I get a message stating that Arlo has stopped and to Open app again or Send Feedback. This happened right after the new upgrade was installed. How can I fix this?
Message 367 of 457
Aspirant

Message 368 of 457
Luminary

Re: Alro has stopped working on my Android device

Did you try to clear the Cache and then Clear Data and run the Arlo app again. Clearing Cache and Data will reset the app back to it's default state as if you just installed the app for the first time. It's a good way to resolve app issues.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Message 369 of 457
K31 Aspirant
Aspirant

VMC4030 my cell phone is Samsung android 8.0

When I go to the arlo app it keeps saying arlo stopped
Message 370 of 457
Luminary

Re: VMC4030 my cell phone is Samsung android 8.0

Did you try to clear the Cache and then Clear Data and run the Arlo app again. Clearing Cache and Data will reset the app back to it's default state as if you just installed the app for the first time. It's a good way to resolve app issues.

If You Got Em....I'll Chew Em!

Netgear & Arlo Beta Tester
Message 371 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Arlo has stopped Send Feedback--Arlo Pro and Arlo Q. That is all I get

Same problem here. Totally unacceptable. The reason I picked this system was to get alerts on an app.
Message 372 of 457
Aspirant

Re: App no longer works

Moto E 5. It just happened with the new update I guess. I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times.
Message 373 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Mobile appl keeps stopping on Galaxy J7 since update yesterday. J7 running 8.1.0.

Did you get a response?
Message 374 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Android app update Nov 21 broke app!

I got both my  phone and my wife's  (both Samsung Note 9s) to work by downloading the 10/30/18 version of the app. Have the app set to not update for now. Will change and let it update once things look to be stable again.

Message 375 of 457