Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Tutor

Re: Android app update Nov 21 broke app!

I just finished a chat with Arlo support and they acknowledged that the phone permissions/mode setting issue is a bug that they still have to address.  Until they do, they suggested using another platform for updates (PC version works) or reverting the Android app to the last October version (which works for me on my Samsung S9).  

Message 451 of 457
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: It looks like this stream is unavailable

Had the same issue.

It appears that Arlo authentication cant handle a disconnect and reconnect immediately. If I had to guess probably a caching issue.

Wait 24 hours and try again.

Solved the issue for me 

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 452 of 457
Retired_Member
Not applicable

A couple of days ago, I turned off notifications for Arlo on my LG Android and it is now allowing me to Arm and Disarm the cameras.  It wasn't working before and caused me to use the website to change it.  They must have fixed something.  However I still occasionally get the error message that shuts down the Arlo app.  It never shows the reason and most of the time does it when I don't even have the app active.

Message 453 of 457
Community Manager

Many of the app crash issues being discussed here should now be resolved with the release of the 2.6.4 version of the Android mobile app.

Please make sure you have the latest version downloaded and installed: Arlo Android App - 2.6.4 - 27th November 2018

We're continuing to investigate reports of other issues.

Message 454 of 457
Aspirant

Re: Arlo app not working

UPDATE:  I'm not sure what happened, but, he just uninstalled the app and reinstalled.  As soon as he reinstalled he was told to "Update".  He clicked the "Update" button as indicated and everything is good now? He was never offered the "Update" option before, it would just say "Arlo has stopped".  I see that the update was dated 11/27/2018.

I wish I knew how to help others in this situation, but, I'm certainly happy his Arlo app is now working properly.

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 455 of 457
Guru

I would have rebooted the base before waiting for 24 hours.

Message 456 of 457
Hero

+1

Happened to me once while away from the house. Restarted the base thru the app and I was back in business.

Message 457 of 457