Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

American Software Technology

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DebY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have paid their fee and camera not detecting motion.  AST was the only option I was given.  If issue cannot be resolved would like a refund.  Would not recommend this camera system or this company

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DebY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Support has contacted me and been very helpful.  I have contacted my credit card company about the scam - thank you for your help.  Knew it did not sound right and thought I was wiser than that but my problem was complicated and thought there should be an easier way to contact Arlo...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you paid them a fee, then you reached a spam support site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

"Arlo support agents will never ask you for payments, credit card numbers, or bank information for support services. If you chose an optional paid subscription plan for your Arlo products, you can use your Arlo app to manage payments."

Unfortunately we see this pretty regularly here - generally from people who are googling for support.  You need to contact support using the options in the app.

@DebY wrote:

camera not detecting motion.  

What model camera?

Have you checked its subscription status?

Have you tried the motion detection test?  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

DebY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Believe you may be correct about the scam site.  Had an unusual situation and had problems contacting Arlo, have emailed the scam link you sent and trusting they reply.  Do you have any other suggestions or know how I might contact them?

Thanx,

DebY

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DebY wrote:

Do you have any other suggestions or know how I might contact them?

If you mean actual Arlo support, perhaps the mods ( @JamesC or @ShayneS ) can assist.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DebY,

Support is available within the Arlo mobile app if you have an Arlo Secure description. Alternatively, provide the details of the issue you're experiencing here on the community and we may be able to help.

JamesC

DebY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Support has contacted me and been very helpful.  I have contacted my credit card company about the scam - thank you for your help.  Knew it did not sound right and thought I was wiser than that but my problem was complicated and thought there should be an easier way to contact Arlo...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation