Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two Factor authentication issue

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
UtahJeff
Follower
Follower

I need to know if anyone has a solution to my situation.

I've been a loyal Arlo customer for many years.  I moved my 83-year-old Father back to my city to care for him.  We put Arlo cameras around his home for security and two in the home so that my Sister and I can look in on him in the event he has a medical situation. 

He wants to access his outdoor camera's and he wants us to have access to the indoor cameras.  With this new FORCED two-factor authentication, my Sister and I are effectively locked out from viewing his internal cameras and checking on him.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Arlo, here are some suggestions for you.

1. Don't force two-step authentication.  Even my 3 bank accounts allow a pin instead of two-factor authentication.

2. Let more than one device be logged in at once.  I like my iPad logged in for my wife and I like to be logged in while working in my den.  Why is this an issue?

3. Don't require a new login every time a page refresh is done on the computer.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@UtahJeff wrote:

He wants to access his outdoor camera's and he wants us to have access to the indoor cameras.  With this new FORCED two-factor authentication, my Sister and I are effectively locked out from viewing his internal cameras and checking on him.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The normal way around this is to set up friend accounts for you and your sister, and then share the cameras from the main account.  2FA would then go to your phones and not his.

One tip - you accept the invite by clicking on the create account control in the email.  It goes better if you do that on a PC (which will then open your browser to my.arlo.com). 

A second approach (which would work if you use the app), is to set up your phone and your sister's as trusted.  However, when you log in, you would still log anyone else using the account out.  So the friend approach is better. 

MikeBravo
Luminary
Luminary

@UtahJeff wrote:

I need to know if anyone has a solution to my situation.

I've been a loyal Arlo customer for many years.  I moved my 83-year-old Father back to my city to care for him.  We put Arlo cameras around his home for security and two in the home so that my Sister and I can look in on him in the event he has a medical situation. 

Arlo, here are some suggestions for you.

1. Don't force two-step authentication.  Even my 3 bank accounts allow a pin instead of two-factor authentication.

2. Let more than one device be logged in at once.  I like my iPad logged in for my wife and I like to be logged in while working in my den.  Why is this an issue?

3. Don't require a new login every time a page refresh is done on the computer.

Unfortunately nothing you say will help. However, even surrendering and living with it they still punish you. Added to the collection of the biggest all time lies in history such as "the check is in the mail' now can be added, "verify and you won't be asked again for two weeks. In reality they torture you by often asking five or even ten times a day for days on end!

One day someone will come along and then Arlo will be a memory....

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation