Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Buddyfarm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this system for almost 2 weeks. Worked great the first 7 days then the cameras (I have 3, two battery and one AC) stopped taking motion activated videos and stopped sending me e-mail alerts. Emphasis: this is for ALL three cameras. My assumption is that the problem might be the base unit. I did a reset and I have verified I have the latest firmware update. I am able to still take manual photos and video on each camera. I called the support help line and they said they're experiencing a server problem. This problem started on Saturday May 11th 2019 and the cameras are still not working 4 days later.

Anyone else having problems with Arlo Pro2 cameras? Any tips?

8 REPLIES 8
jiress
Guide
Guide

I had a little "laggy" problem with my 6 cameras ( 3 Arlo pro2, 3 Arlo HD ). The browser at the app freeze for a few minutes, then cameras motion detection deactivated alone. At the end all freeze, so I reset the base station an everything work normally, except 1 Arlo Pro 2 cam, deactivation of sound detection doesn´t work, it´s still on even it turn it off at the app. But it not so large an issue as yours - sometimes it detects a bird song in the morning 🙂  ( it happened before a week )

Buddyfarm
Aspirant
Aspirant

A further update. A friend about a mile down the road has the same setup. He initially lost e-mail alerts the same day I did. Just spoke to him and his e-mail alerts resumed but mine didn't. Only difference is he has Pro and I have Pro 2. I initially thought internet connection or base unit is bad but I can view all 3 cameras live and take videos manually so obviously I'm connected to the internet. 

I've read other threads and might try taking battery out but I'm 150 miles away right now. Besides the indoor camera is on AC only and yet has the same problem so who knows.

jiress
Guide
Guide

Maybe it helps to unplug all devices. It's hard to tell if it's an issue at the cameras, but it's strange to have the same issue at all 3 cameras, or it is an issue only at the base station. If it's in warranty, you could try to change them for new ones.

Buddyfarm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just went to the Device settings page and clicked on My Devices.  I see the Network name listed on two lines followed by cameras. On the 2nd line there is a strange icon showing ((o)) and in red. Is that normal? Usually red indicates a problem. I see no reference to it in the manual so I don't know if it's normally red or not. Since cameras are listed separate I assume this is the base station.

Could some one check their's?

Dannybear
Master
Master

The symbol refers to the siren device inside the base station. Rename it to include the word siren to save confusion going forward.

Regarding the missing recordings and notifications, check your camera rules in the modes are what they should be.
If they have changed then delete any basic activity zones on your cameras.
If not you will need to reseat the camera’s batteries to get them working again.

Buddyfarm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no idea why but I'm now recieving e-mail notification now. As far as I know I did nothing other than turning alerts off and then back on.

Thanks to all for your answers. Between that and reading the manual I've learned a lot and am even more impressed with the Pro 2.

P.S. My final question is "what is the default motion sensitivity"? Mine is 88%. Right before I stopped getting e-mail alerts it was pretty windy and I got alerts every couple of minutes and then it stopped. My final thought is maybe the software automatically set the sensitivity down to 88. Other than that I have no ideas but am thankful it started working. I will be using a backup USB memory stick in case this happens again in the future. 

Once again thanks to all for your comments and advice.

jiress
Guide
Guide

I manually switched the motion detection to 100 at all my cams, but I don't remember what is the default position, sorry. Sometimes happen the false detection alarm, but It's not too often. I have a 4gb USB Drive connected to the base station since the beginning, no problems until now.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Default motion sensitivity is 80%, audio sensitivity is 3.
I find that the settings are not consistent with the actual detection range so you will need to use trial and error approach when adjusting them.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation