Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 2 Offline & Notifications Delayed

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
NCHornet
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro 2 has been nothing but problems from the start. I am using the latest firmware for the cameras and base station and all 4 of my cameras receive AC power with the Arlo cables and adapters.  First issue is that the notifications are very delayed. When first installed they would be almost instantly. Now they are coming with delays ranging from 10 min to sometimes as much as an hour late.  These are notifications for cameras sensing motion as well as the Geo Fencing stating that the system is in away mode and armed.  I have spent hours reading about others that have had similar issues and what they did to fix them. The Community has been far better than the support people that are paid to know what they are doing. I have done everything from removing the cameras from the system and then adding them back again,  moving the cameras into the area for cameras that aren't active and then activating them back again. I have uninstalled the app and restarted my phone and installed the app again, I have also restored the system to factory settings and completely set it up from scratch. The majority of these did nothing for the issues I am having. If it did anything at all it only took a short time to go right back to where it was before. The latest issue is when I go to view my cameras through the app or the website all 4 cameras will say they are Offline, however the base station is showing they are connected and the status light on the front of the base station is solid green. The cameras are recording events in the library. If I uninstall the app, restart the phone or computer and reinstall it I can usually view I live video from the cameras, but this is a huge hassle to go through each time. If I didn't spend a fortune on this system I would toss them in the trash. I have used old cell phones as security cameras with better results than this $500 Arlo Pro 2 system.  I purchased the 4 camera system during the Black Friday sale at Best Buy, which was almost 6 months ago. I have a subscription so that the videos are available for longer time periods, I believe it's 30 days.  By the way it is worded in the support section  I can't determine if I have support help past the 90 day period or not? If anyone can help me with this I would sure appreciate it. I spent 4 hours last night reading what others have done that have had similar issues but didn't come up with anything that was different from what I have already done.  Thank y'all very much.

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Delayed notifications are usually due to 2 things - 1) use of Arlo Smart (deactivate the cameras in the Smart settings) and/or 2) phone battery optimizations (disable them in the phone settings for the app).

NCHornet
Guide
Guide
I don't recall reading about the battery setting on the phone. I will try this tonight. I have tried all the other fixes. Any idea why it keeps saying the cameras are offline on the app and website when the base unit shows them being connected? This was a lot of money to spend to have this many issues. I'm clearly not the only one who feels this way. Their tech support is useless. I think they are putting these systems out before all the bugs are worked out and then they worry about getting a new system out and leave the customers to deal with the issues. I will never buy any Netgear products after this mess.
Thanks for your help
NCHornet
Guide
Guide
I just want to be sure that you want me to disable battery optimization off in the app? Right now it is enabled and it says if I disable it, it can delay notifications which is the problem I'm trying to fix not cause.
Thanks
Dannybear
Master
Master
Can you post a screenshot of the setting and the warning.
Might be an idea to review the setting in the user manual for the phone that may explain why.
NCHornet
Guide
Guide
If you select to disable it will bring up a small box that's says notifications may have long delays. You then choose to proceed with turning it off or to cancel this. It won't let me take a screen shot of that one for some reason. I didn't notice any difference at all by turning it off. I am about ready to give up and find another camera system that actually works as they claim because the Arlo Pro 2 doesn't. Thanks for the help with this.
NCHornet
Guide
Guide
I know the delayed notifications has been a problem with others but I spent hours reading replies to these issues and it's pretty much the same things I have tried a dozen times. Has anyone figured out a solution to this issue? It's crazy that a company like Netgear doesn't have better tech help. Yesterday I was away from my home for an hour and 10 minutes before I received the notification that it was now in away mode. Then it kept repeating the notification about 8 times. The cameras being offline isn't as common of a problem. From what I can tell is the cameras still are recording events as they should so my work around is to log out and then back in to view the cameras live feed. This is a huge pain. Cameras that cost what these do shouldn't have operational errors like this. If I subscribe to a plan can I get free tech support? The cameras were bought 6 months ago. I'm not about to pay for the poor tech support given for these cameras. The community has been far better at getting issues resolved.
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NCHornet

You may contact support without being charged. I have provided the link here for you. Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation