Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
Log
Initiate
Initiate
I’m still experiencing this now and it’s june 1st. The video isn’t stored or viewable in the library.
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yesterday while I was out of town, the cloud was down from noonish through the night but I began getting notifications. around 7am this morning. Now that I'm home it turns out that the power had been knocked out from a rainstorm. Don't know how long will check with a neighbor but I did have live activity while the rain was coming down because I watched it, so I must have still had power then. Will be looking for backup battery power for router, modem and base soon. If anyone has recommendations on a UPC/APC that would keep just internet and base going for 5 or 6 hrs I'd be grateful.
Hope that was the reason for this last frustrating outtage.
Metallicblue68
Tutor
Tutor
I have 5 ARLO Pro cameras with two base stations. I have been unable to view live footage and no recordings for two weeks. But I get notifications of motion just no video to go with it. I have power cycled everything. Remove cameras and re synced. Nothing works. Error message on Desktop says maximum of 5 camera streams supported at once. But I am not trying to live view just one camera. iOS app just keeps trying to connect to live view. I also replaced routers and did a speed test on my network with plenty of download and upload speeds. Arlo tech support has not been able to resolve the problem or offer any solutions. Just we are working on the problem. For two weeks?????
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Punt. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base normally. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if prompted. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule before starting this procedure to speed rebuilding of the system.

Metallicblue68
Tutor
Tutor

I have done all that.  I deleted the app as well and reinstalled the app, then added back in my base stations and cameras one by one.  All cameras and base stations are up to date on firmware.  This isn't the first time I have had this problem, the last time it lasted for three days and fixed itself and I didn't do anything, but this time it has not fixed itself and nothing i do seems to fix the problem and Arlo tech support has not been able to solve the problem either.  

Apprentice
Apprentice
Apprentice
Apprentice
Costco sells Cyberpower brand ones. Not as recognized as APC but they still serve thier purpose IMO.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Metallicblue68

It looks like Customer Service is working on your case & looking in to your personal issue with your system. In the meantime, do you have another device you can try & stream/check your library? Possibly an Android device?

PDSc0tt
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having issues with Arlo recording properly since the major problem last month that everyone was aware of, where the base station would keep resetting time zone to Pacific time (instead of GMT) and the Arlo app on my iPhone would not show battery status or allow me to connect to cameras. These issues are still not resolved for me and it has not been recording any motion on any of my cameras for the last 5 hours. As a security system that did work until last month, it seems that something has yet to be resolved since the smart subscription plans were made available. I cannot trust my security cameras at present to record in the event of a break in, which is why I bought this expensive system in the first place.
Arlo needs to sort this out at a more fundamental level than the fix they have implemented so far. All 3 cameras and the base station are the current firmware and the app is the most recent version. According to the service status page, there are no issues, but I’m having to reset my base station daily still.
Is anyone else having the continued issue from the last few weeks?
PDSc0tt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh, and I’ve tried reinstalling the Arlo app on my phone. I notice that this issue will occur when I only see the audio and movement icons in the home view in the app for each camera, where I cannot connect or switch on or off cameras. This seems to herald the imminent reset of time on the base station to 8 hours earlier than it is in my time zone. As a result, it is recording video, but the time stamp is wrong. I suppose it’s just a major inconvenience, rather than anything else, but it is a pain to have to reset things like the time zone and then the base station to get the functionality I paid for. I only have the free access for 5 cameras and I have not paid for a subscription, thank god!
Dannybear
Master
Master
Yes we are all waiting for the firmware to be reverted but arlo seems to be happy to ignore the disruption to customers.
My base lockup’s have changed, would occur at midnight PST daily now to midnight GMT daily but still changing Base TZ back to PST when the base recovers.
arlonewb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe the Arlo Cloud Recording issue was fixed and the Arlo Status shows All Good but I am having the same issue starting today. Email notifications hit my mobile devices but motion or manual recordings are not beign uploaded to the cloud/showing on my library. I also noticed that the timestamps on recordings prior to this issue defaulted to PST while I had it set to HST. Thank you for any help!

RobnNc
Tutor
Tutor
I also have the same problem and need the company to resolve these issues...3 weeks straight now at midnight. I'm losing confidence in the company and system...May need to search for a new one.....
Apprentice
Apprentice
One of my cams continues not to send notifications nor record videos. This is insane. How's everyone else doing?
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's not a personal issue but an issue with Arlo as I have the exact same problem. Fess up and fix it instead of downplaying the significance and pushing back fault. Do you realize customers are mad?
Metallicblue68
Tutor
Tutor
Agreed! I used to be a Arlo Reseller and installer. I have put my account on hold as of now since this is getting ridiculous at this point. Going on 3 weeks of no solution.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The unable to receive notifications and/or view video clips was resolved on 9pm PST/May 24, 2019, if you're still experiencing an issue please contact support Arlo Tech Support or open a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing.

Arlo Team