Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Again Camera records but does not get stored in Library.. Getting frustrated

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
Anjos
Star
Star
I noticed the same. My library had only two recordings after midnight. I have a total of four cameras. Two cameras have a view of my street. About 12:30 this morning, I believe a fire truck, with their lights on but no siren, drove by slowly in front of my home. Guess which cameras picked had their recordings saved on the cloud? The cameras that are not pointed at the street. I’m so frustrated with this system.
Apprentice
Apprentice
One workaround I've tried is to set the cam to detect for audio. For me I do get notifications for that and it does record to the library. It's better than nothing at the moment.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Folks check the pro 2 board where I posted links to file complaints with third parties. Dont let Arlo go without retribution.
Anjos
Star
Star
No joke. All my cameras are on 100% movement and level 5 audio. No records are being saved on the cloud.
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine too. 100% and full audio. Still nothing
Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide
I truly feel fortunate that his last outage occurred the day after we bought a six-pack of cameras. Goodbye junk!
I feel sorry for those of you that are stuck with their junk.
Worked out in the yard all weekend and had to turn notifications and footage off on my new cameras due to the fact it was just recording us working, but still had to go through 40-50 vids before we turned them off.
I feel bad for the people STUCK with Arlo!
Total crap!
DjFreddyD
Guide
Guide

Services have been restored for me.

Apprentice
Apprentice
What's status for everyone? Mine is still not working properly. No motion notifications and no library. Live and audio do work. This is terrible.
Apprentice
Apprentice
We are doing the testing right now.
daytonagal1
Star
Star
Here we go again. Cameras stopped working at 4:00pm EST. Rebooted station came back up. Getting notifications but no videos in the library. I noticed the base constantly flashes firmware updates. When the cameras decided to start working and I was actually getting video, my time zone was off again! Reset the time zone. Everything seems to be working for now. Tomorrow is another day I’m sure of the same BS!

I am so over this crap. Arlo just admit you are having problems and fix them !!
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are u on the firmware version ending with 2798? I still have problems..
Zx6MochaChic
Guide
Guide

V 2.7.2 released 3/22/2019

Zx6MochaChic
Guide
Guide

Same here, showing 20 recordings, but when I click the library "nada". We purchased this system about 40 days ago base on rating...wow we got flim-flam.

louie022
Tutor
Tutor
I logged in from the browser and canceled my subscription, then rebought the subscription (cheapest plan). Restarted the base station and everything seems to be working, though my files for the past week are gone. All seems ok.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not sure where u get ur version number but latest is 1.12.2.1_2798 per my base station and attempt to initiate an upgrade. The app stated I have the latest.

A strange workaround I tried is to create a custom mode incorporating all my cams. Didn't work as the app kept crashing.
Anjos
Star
Star
Services seems to be back up for me. I turned the base station off for about an hour. I’m getting notifications and recordings saved on the cloud again.
Kadams2003
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for heads up. Not sure how you deliver your updates and testing. If you test in a small room. Or test certain customers before the full rollout but I'd be willing to test before the major distribution. With full support or course. Updating our systems and we dont know why it isn't working suddenly
everyone scrambles for the answer. And having to use a chat room for support is not good. Willing to help just saying.

EDT. Ty.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I think that your responding to a sarcastic remark.
There is no testing methodology that I have read that’s mentioned here.
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would not be suprise if they didn't have a QA department. Their operations team who handles their infrastructure probably does not know what is going on either. I do not see this company lasting much longer with all these bugs and service outages.
Apprentice
Apprentice
L2 support basically just goes by a scripted playbook. Thier knowledge of any outages is based on looking at the website just like we do. Of course it's not updated intentionally. This company didn't scale it's infrastructure properly and outsourcing tech support doesn't help. None of the L2 have access to cloud operations nor understand the coding behind thier software. I feel it's not a real security company based on recent experience.
Dannybear
Master
Master
One would have to say that level 2 support is the top of the Arlo technology department. They likely have the same tier levels as their project department.
Engineering and software are likely outsourced from netgear who charge like a wounded bull for each change there by milking Arlo. All speculation on my part of course.
agentthumb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Test Methodology: Public Beta (Forced down your throat style)

Zero regression testing

Zero unit testing

Zero pre-release user testing

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Things got better late lastnight.. live feed, notifications and library recordings working again..

I MADE NO CHANGES.. again hours or outages for customers where it resolved itself. Not acceptable . I would not trust these Arlo's for your home security. It does not work 50% of the time as you like.
Turbodrew
Tutor
Tutor

Is there any answers on this from arlo?? I would like some sort of follow up or something for this. this is still happening to my system and its just doing whatever it feels like when it feels like. im not understanding. its been literally over a month and my frustrastion is rising. come on arlo at least allow something like a update to the old firmware until its resolved on your end as it was working just fine until yall did whatever.  

Icebird
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 arlo pro 2 cameras and one of them is still not recording since 25th May. I have tried rebooting the base station twice, the cameras are located next to each other.