Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had this issue on May 21 and it is back again

The Arlo Pro 2 cameras I have 3 cameras on one Base Station and 2 camera's on another Base Station.

The one with 3 camera's show that they are recording and I get yellow man running,

But it does not save to Library.

Also it shows when I look at overview of cameras (lower left) 1Min or just now so it is recording something. And you see the image of what it did record 

I can not find the footage.

I have rebooted get all lights green on base station so that looks good

I am stumped what is going on

Is there a new filmware happening or what???????

Anyone having same issue  Date May 21, 2019  6:00 PM Eastern Standard time now new date May 23, 2019 5:30 PM EST 

291 REPLIES 291
Apprentice
Apprentice
Surely you are mistaken as the Arlo status page says all systems are good. Arlo knows best.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Everyone,
This thread has been solved by Arlo so best start a new thread for attention. Hopefully it will not get merged like all the others.
Yamster
Tutor
Tutor

I can view the video feed live, but my last recorded video was from a day and a half ago, at 2:49 PM on 5/24. That video was cut off at just 3 seconds, so it seems like there was some kind of sudden service failure. I have been coming and going from the house all day, and I have not a single recorded video since yesterday afternoon. I see that the Arlo status page says that "all systems are operational," but this delay seems to suggest that, at least for some users, this problem has not been resolved.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Firstly check the time zone setting in the base station is correct.

Then check your running mode status is correct, schedule is not working for me at times. Try forcing a basic or custom mode.

Then restart the base via the app and see if it starts working again.

Edit:
Some users here have said that resyncing all cameras can work also.

Hope this helps.
Rudkin27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has this been resolved as mine is doing the same as of Friday 24/5/2019 getting notifications but when I go in to watch the video it says no recordings 😳😳 base station has all green lights on very frustrating 

Rgillbilly
Guide
Guide
Surely you jest.
Absolutely positive Arlo reads and actually will reply with more than a stock written script.
Even my support ticket contained a script of yes and no haha.
What stood out the most was... Told cx to wait
Yamster
Tutor
Tutor

The time zone on my system is correct (EST). I have only used the default "Armed" mode; I do not use Schedule mode. I did try restarting the base station from the app, as well as creating a custom mode. Neither solved my problem. I still am getting no recordings of videos.

Stacyjb24
Guide
Guide
I spoke too soon. Only video that is manually recorded is being saved in library. Come on Arlo let's get it together before it's too late. This was a bad time to drop the ball like this. Holiday weekend, people are traveling and they trusted Arlo. Now they are shopping around to see what Memorial Day sales will offer for home surveillance systems and they are informing everyone how terrible and unreliable Arlo is.
Jonwa
Initiate
Initiate

I'm currently getting alerts to my emails about an hour and a half after the cam activation..... I'm not sure if this is an arlo problem or an email provider problem

Apprentice
Apprentice
Am still not getting motion videos for one of my cams. One workarund I tried yesterday is to set the cam to detect for sound. With that videos do appear in the library. My conclusion is Arlo is not a real security company. They are probably on holiday except for thier Phillipine call center which just reads from a script.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@96709
Try changing the motion sensitivity to another value to see if will start triggering the recordings.
daytonagal1
Star
Star
This is ridiculous. Now the motion on the cameras do not work all the time. Works when it feels like it. Arlo get your **bleep** together! I bought this security system because it was suppose to be one of the best. I can see it is not and I wasted money on a piece of crap. I see a Class Action suit coming, and I mean real soon. So much for security. Useless.
Apprentice
Apprentice
The motion setting is not the issue. Have toggled between 80 and 100 many times attempting to trick it. It's a server side issue.
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm all in on a class action suit. Also contact the BBB, WSJ and tech news sites. To have effect you need to inflict pain by way of lost sales and a lower stock price.
Dannybear
Master
Master
@96709
Thanks for your conformation that the motion sensitivity change has nil effect.
Bennynocheese
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed on Friday that there are 11 hours of missing videos in my library. I know there were several instances of motion during this time on the 2 cameras on this hub. The library shows recorded videos before and after that window of time. I see this issue posted on here a lot, but can't find any clear resolution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hub model VMB3010r2

FW version 1.12.2.1_2798

rogerrem
Tutor
Tutor
My camera suddenly started to work again. But when it did the timezone was wrong so I had to adjust it. It has been working fine the last 24 hours.. I expect more stability from such a pricy system..!
Lightyears
Apprentice
Apprentice

ARLO FIX IT

MY DAUGHTER SAID  A GUY WALK INTO MY BACK YARD  AND LOOK AROUND THEN LEFT. 11:19 AM MAY 27, 2019.

YOUR SYSTEM DECIDED TO SHUT DOWN AT 11:02 AND NOT COME BACK UP UNTIL 11:54

SO GUESS WHAT ................... NO PICTURES ........... THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND A SYSTEM THAT I CAN TRUST........  FIX IT

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

Now mine disarms on it's own. Several times now.

Stacyjb24
Guide
Guide
So I'm not tech savy but I had a thought. Is it possible that it was saved to the USB drive (assuming there's one plugged in to the base station)? The only reason I ask is because I have one camera that is CVR and everything was recorded on the timeline. I just didn't receive notifications of motion.
Fun-Girl
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've only had the base and one pro camera (plus an old 3030 from a friend that is only good for live) for a week or 2. Its been down more than up. I can view live. Suddenly its live only. A full day last week and several periods of a few critical hours also. So far since last night at 8, no detection, no alerts, no recordings and its Memorial Day. I've had like 30 people here and it went off not even one time. I've pulled out the battery, re-synced, reset the base and more. Still only got live. I intended to start adding either pro2 or Ultra to it or even buy an ultra base and go from there. Now I think I can't put all my eggs in one basket as I'm going away for a month. I won't be able to keep sending someone over to spend a few hours troubleshooting everytime arlo is messed up. I'll have to diversify and get a nest and a Blinx. This is really disappointing
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo had some kind of ourtage on their service on May 25th... Now my notifications no longer work AGAIN!!! I am on the call with Arlo support and these guys ALWAYS tell me to wither remove the device or remove the battery.. All my 8 cameras notifications are not working. Do I need to do this for all CAMERAS!!!

Arlo is so crap. There is not a week where I don't call Arlo support for some issues.

Get the RING. I promise it will be better. My clients I install the RING, they never call me. Clients who I install these stupid Arlo always call me telling me their cameras does not work, live view lags, and notification stops working.

We need to press charges on these guys for crap products and service

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo had some kind of ourtage on their service on May 25th... Now my notifications no longer work AGAIN!!! I am on the call with Arlo support and these guys ALWAYS tell me to wither remove the device or remove the battery.. All my 8 cameras notifications are not working. Do I need to do this for all CAMERAS!!!

Arlo is so crap. There is not a week where I don't call Arlo support for some issues.

Get the RING. I promise it will be better. My clients I install the RING, they never call me. Clients who I install these stupid Arlo always call me telling me their cameras does not work, live view lags, and notification stops working.

We need to press charges on these guys for crap products and service

Bridog
Tutor
Tutor

No motion detection today
I hope they fix it before it soon

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just got off the phone with Level 2 support. This issue is now fixed.... After the outage on May 25th, they had to "resync" something on their cloud backend just now for my Android and Ipad to work getting notifications.. I did not make any changes myself. The engineer was very good but for me to resolve this issue, this was not something I could had done myself. This is what's frustrating when Arlo has outages. They have to "fix" something on their side to resolve your problem. In my case, notifications were not working on my Ipad and Android devices although it was working on my iphone.. now all three devices were working without myself doing anything besides waiting on the phone with support for over 1.5 hours..

I will no longer recommend my clients or anyone I know to buy Arlo's. This company if not change will go down the drain. I see a bright future for RING but not Arlo.. stock is going down anyways and I am not suprised!