Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Keypad won't connect to WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
yapchagi
Guide
Guide

My Arlo keypad was working fine, until today. No matter what I do, it won't connect to my WiFi. WiFi is 2.4 GHz and using WPA2. I've tried everything. Factory reset and all. Everything else is still connected to my WiFi (Arlo Pro 4 cameras via Smart Hub). I can still watch live videos from all 3 cameras from the app. Just the Arlo keypad is useless now. Only 4 months old. Please help. I have followed what other user experienced on this forum (turning off the hub and then try to reconnect the keypad only). Nothing works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yapchagi
Guide
Guide

hello, I managed to get it back online again after 4 hours of intense battle.

What I did was turning off the router for at least 30 seconds. Turn it back on and wait a few minutes until the connections stabilized. On my phone, set to forget both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi connections. Reset to factory default the keypad. Then connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi on phone and set to auto-connect. Add the keypad on the app again and it should be okay from there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

yapchagi,

I've reviewed the account that you have associated with the email address you're using here on the community and it appears to be showing your keypad is online. Are you still experiencing an issue?

JamesC

yapchagi
Guide
Guide

hello, I managed to get it back online again after 4 hours of intense battle.

What I did was turning off the router for at least 30 seconds. Turn it back on and wait a few minutes until the connections stabilized. On my phone, set to forget both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi connections. Reset to factory default the keypad. Then connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi on phone and set to auto-connect. Add the keypad on the app again and it should be okay from there.