Security Hub Offline

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Priyatam
Tutor
Tutor

I have Arlo Cameras since 5+ years and recently upgraded to new cameras with the security system as well. As of yesterday I saw a error message on the app saying Security hub is offline and since then I am unable to arm/disarm the home security. I reached customer support today and was told there is a known issue that tech is working to resolve and I will be given a call back for next steps.

No call has been returned neither any resolution to this critical issue with potential big risk to ones home security. This inspite subscribing to safe & pro plan and paying hefty money for professional monitoring.

If you cant provide continuous basic features of home security and resolve critical issue how are you assuring them of services like professional monitoring and security for home. This is pathetic.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team

14 REPLIES 14
Priyatam
Tutor
Tutor

IMG_8066.jpeg

 Case details for

reference. Hope this reaches higher leadership of Arlo to see how critical home security issues are being managed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing issues onboarding and streaming new devices. For more information and updates, see here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

Priyatam
Tutor
Tutor

This is not related to onboarding and streaming any device. This is related to Security Hub offline message and inability to arm/disarm the system from arlo app. Atleast read through the issue before responding.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The link above includes the security system offline issue as well. The development team is working to resolve these issues as fast as possible. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information available to share.

JamesC

Priyatam
Tutor
Tutor

That is the same update I received when I call almost 10-12 hours back. The arm/disarm function on mobile app has been down (atleast for me) for 24 + hours and Arlo seems to be taking this casually. If you are providing home security and professional monitoring atleast live upto basic provisioning. Does Arlo realise home security for so many customers like me is at risk ? and to top it up no communication no folllow up are more frustrating. Really surprising of this attitude from a reputed service provider.

Systemfailc
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue. Yesterday the security system did not respond to any mode changes on the app. Today the countdown to panic stopped before I disarmed the main hub. I tried another teat placing the system on home, opening a door, and system ignored my device rules. So as of today I am paying for an inoperable system. Also, 2 cameras battery drained for no reason today.

Priyatam
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry to hear about you facing same issue. Its sad customers have to find out work arounds to operate home security after paying hefty dollars month after month. More frustrating is Arlo doesnt even provide any estimated resolution time for this and the whole response to this has been nothing but casual. Hope they realize customers home security is at risk because of this. No home security provider can let this happen.

RonilD
Tutor
Tutor

Have been using the security system for over a month with no issues and suddenly since yesterday the app will not change the mode. What is terrible is that the app thinks that the mode is changed but it's not. Did all the basic troubleshooting of restarting wifi, restarting hubs, checking all sensors etc. The app gives an error about security Hub exception override ad points to a KB that is not useful.

Contacted tech support and they just asked me to redo the basic troubleshooting and insisting that I send them a video recording of the app rather than the screenshot 🤷‍♂️

RonilD
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue and support did not even mention this when I spent 45 mins with them redoing all the basic troubleshooting 

RonilD
Tutor
Tutor

@Priyatam are you seeing the same notification in your app when you change mode?

Priyatam
Tutor
Tutor

Yes its the same error saying Security hub is offline and doesnt change mode .. Shows changed though but does not actually happen on the device. I was told its a know issue and someone will call back to resolve. Neither anyone had called not there is any estimated time of resolution.

RonilD
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for checking. Pretty egregious issue and has a lot of liability for sure, hope Arlo is fixing soon. It would have been better if at least the app relayed the failure rather than pretending to change mode. 

Support madee reinstall app, repro on the web, wanted me to delete all my routines / automations etc. !!

RonilD
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC the service incident is resolved on your status website but I am still experiencing the issue where I cannot change modes from the app

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're aware that some users may have experienced issues onboarding and live streaming to their Essential 2nd Generation, Pro 5 and Security System devices. Our team has worked to resolve those issues and you should now be able to proceed with onboarding and live streaming your device. We recommend charging your camera for at least 30 minutes before starting the onboarding process.

If you are still having difficulty getting your device connected or accessing your device’s live stream, please contact us through the Support tab in your Arlo Secure App (under Settings) to reach an authorized Arlo Customer Care expert or direct message us here with your Arlo account email address so we can follow-up with you directly.

We appreciate your patience while we worked to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

-Arlo Team