Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
H5STT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello … I can see an earlier feed on this but no recent updates or solutions. 

I have 3 Arlo Go cameras on V sim in UK. They still work this morning 1st Aug so far..

based on a recommendation in previous feed , I bought a EIOTclub sim from Amazon - 90 days 2gb, £12. After much trying and configuration I am told by EIOT support that the Arlo Go does not work. Frustrating.

anyone have a solution yet please , with similar pricing ? Thanks in advance…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lotuska
Guide
Guide

Hi, I have 8 Arlo Go’s so I was concerned about the Vodafone turn off. It’s the 2nd Aug and the V-Sim’s now seem to have been disconnected.

Anyway, I’ve purchased Lebara sim’s to replace them, I did post on another thread how to move over to the new Lebara sims but here are some key points that should help.

1. Note the name you gave your camera before you do anything.

2. Make sure you are in an area with a good signal coverage

3. Activate your lebara sims in an old phone before you do anything else. Also at this point add the sim to your Lebara on-line account so you can manage usage and top up if necessary. Lebara sends a pin code to the sim so you can add to your account, if you have already installed in the ARLO Go you will have to take them out and put them back into a phone to get the message.

4. Remove from your account before doing anything

5. Once you have installed the new sim it should flash Blue and then Purple before you get a success ping, if you get a amber/yellow flashing led don’t panic - you should still hear a success ping if you don’t you haven’t got a mobile connection. To fix the yellow/amber issue carry on with the add camera operation, press sync, scan QR code and when you get the failed noise select continue on your phone, wait for the scanning for new device to fail and you will get an option to change the APN information (for lebara its “uk.lebara.mobi” with “wap” as username and password). Once you have entered this information you can repeat the sync, QR code, add etc process.

Hope that helps, I’ve done all 8 now and they are all up and running.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I believe EOL applies to firmware updates not being implemented/support not being provided. In a sense it's a blessing, as some firmware updates would make my system inoperable. There's RWG mobile in Wales that offers some good deals for data, but customers have complained about poor support if things turn out problematic. Read reviews on RWG first and then commit. 

This post may be of help, and I'd encourage you to search for information on the net, too: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Go/V-sim-is-stopping-in-August-what-sim-to-use/m-p/2408115

lotuska
Guide
Guide

Hi, I have 8 Arlo Go’s so I was concerned about the Vodafone turn off. It’s the 2nd Aug and the V-Sim’s now seem to have been disconnected.

Anyway, I’ve purchased Lebara sim’s to replace them, I did post on another thread how to move over to the new Lebara sims but here are some key points that should help.

1. Note the name you gave your camera before you do anything.

2. Make sure you are in an area with a good signal coverage

3. Activate your lebara sims in an old phone before you do anything else. Also at this point add the sim to your Lebara on-line account so you can manage usage and top up if necessary. Lebara sends a pin code to the sim so you can add to your account, if you have already installed in the ARLO Go you will have to take them out and put them back into a phone to get the message.

4. Remove from your account before doing anything

5. Once you have installed the new sim it should flash Blue and then Purple before you get a success ping, if you get a amber/yellow flashing led don’t panic - you should still hear a success ping if you don’t you haven’t got a mobile connection. To fix the yellow/amber issue carry on with the add camera operation, press sync, scan QR code and when you get the failed noise select continue on your phone, wait for the scanning for new device to fail and you will get an option to change the APN information (for lebara its “uk.lebara.mobi” with “wap” as username and password). Once you have entered this information you can repeat the sync, QR code, add etc process.

Hope that helps, I’ve done all 8 now and they are all up and running.

lotuska
Guide
Guide

Forgot a bit of info.

I went for the 5GB data version of the Lebara sim £5 per month, select the 12 month contract which drops 10% on cost to £4.50 per month, and also found a discount code that gives you 50% of the first 3 months.

So cost is £4.50 per month, first 3 months £2.25 - so although costs have gone up a little but its not too bad.

Plus I can monitor data usage on the app and if I’m running low I can top up.

H5STT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for this - sounds really good. Yes, my Vsims switched off last night.

I am told that O2 sims also work all ok.

I have since tried my Three Ipad sim in one camera and it worked straight off. So after a looong call with Three (I have many contracts with them already), they have done me 3 x Sim at £3/each per month , for 1gb/month/sim.

I am pretty sure that will suit me (research indicates Go cameras use ±850MB month based on 5 mins daily footage and I use less than that, I think). I have 14 days cooling off period to trial and check my usage is below 1gb. If yes, then I might thank VSim for cutting off and forcing me into a cost saving!

Let's see. Prod me in 14 days if I dont update here. 

H5STT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks agaun for all this detail. Have ordered first Lebara Sim to trial. Fingers crossed. Three didnt work out because network coverage was poor.

H5STT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again for this . Yes, Lebara is 💯 the solution - as they also use the Vodafone network it is an ideal replacement.  

I have bought one 5gb and 2 x 1gb Sims at super cheap

Initial Offer prices (total £3 for 3 sims )  then after 5 months the price is about equal to the old Vsim cards . 

Also seriously impressed with how easy Lebara is - their app is really good and intuitive. 

Might well also port my iPad and Phone to Lebara once my current contracts are due !

Thanks again for spending the time to post all this info - it really helped. Love a good forum that works! 

🙏🏻 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation