Vodafone just quited

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GFCab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my Arlo Go at Vodafone Europe (Portugal) and now they have stopped providing my SIM card and I no longer can have acess to my Arlo Go camera.

How can I get a new provider in Portugal?!

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Dear Valued Customers, 

As you were informed by Vodafone, the V-Sim will be discontinued on 31st of July 2024. 

Please be informed, that Arlo Go cameras support 3G/4G LTE and can read most third-party SIM cards. Arlo Go cameras have an AutoAPN feature that automatically switches to the correct APN for most service providers. If you are using a non-standard, enterprise, or custom SIM, you might need to enter your APN manually when setting up your Arlo Go camera.

Arlo Go camera uses approx. 850 MB (0.85 GB) per month and it typically ranges between 750MB up to 2GB. Average use assumes that you are using Optimized or Best Battery Life video settings and that your cameras record for approximately five minutes per day.

Increasing the length or quantity of video recordings in your camera's modes and rules increases your data usage and decreases your battery life. Using a higher-quality video setting also increases data usage.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at [link to localized support page https://www.arlo.com/en_gb/support].

GFCab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, there is a possibility of buying a different SIM card but it will cost 4 times more.

I bought the Arlo/Vodafone package with the expectation of paying a monthly fee for the data of around 4€, now they are asking for 20€ a month! It's incredible how big companies can change the rules in the middle of a game without any consequence. Now I have a new brick called Arlo.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

What @BrookeN quoted is that you don't need to go with Vodafone anymore. Shop around and you'll find a cheaper deal, even on PAYG.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation