Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can't activate new Arlo Go

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mdst
Aspirant
Aspirant

What a total nightmare. Here has been my experience so far:

Purchase experience summary:
1. Buy arlo go from ATT and indicate I want it added to my plan
2. Camera arrives will not work, will not scan QR
3. Call arlo support - you need to contact ATT support to have them activate sim card
4. Call ATT support - you need to contact Arlo support as we don't work with those camera's
5. Call Arlo support - you need to contact ATT support - provided me with BOGUS ATT support numbers
6. Call ATT support, tell them the run-around I am getting - they tell me I need to call another ATT support number
7. Call the other ATT support number - they tell me I need to contact Arlo support
8. Call another ATT number - they tell me I need to contact ATT Digital life dept
9. I call ATT digital life and they tell me I have to call back to the first number I called at ATT Support
10. Call ATT support yet again and they tell me I have to contact Arlo Support to activate the sim card

Are you all following this nonsense yet?   Bottom line is I have a brand new worthless Arlo Go camera that I can not get anyone to help me activate it. The activation instructions on this arlo.com site are outright in ERROR. 
I feel totally ripped off. Typical example of the worst support groups in the industry.  Now I have to spend the hundreds of dollars I wasted in warning every human I can about this experience
5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @mdst

Are you still experiencing this issue activating you Arlo Go camera?

mdst
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to get ATT to activate it.

After calling the ATT numbers(5 different phone numbers including the ones on the Arlo's official website about activating the Arlo Go camera) as well as  3 different people at Arlo Support,  all the ATT support people tell me they can not activate an arlo camera only phones and tablets. The 5 ATT support folks all think that you need to call ATT Digital Life but that is a different security system and they told me to go back to the support people I have already talked to.

After spending a total of 7 very long hrs on this, I feel ripped off and extremely disappointed in that I was sold something that I can not use. What an expensive mistake...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mdst

Do you have a case with Arlo customer support I can review?

mdst
Aspirant
Aspirant

Case Number: 41564194
Subject: Complaints

I told the Arlo rep I talked to if I cant get this activated and can't use it that my only recourse is to return it.

They (Arlo Support) in turn closed the ticket and did not help whatsoever. I just keep getting the exact same phone numbers to call at ATT support that no one can help. One ATT support person told me the problem was that the arlo go does not use minutes so that is why they can't do anything nor activate it. They sent me back and forth to the same numebrs I had already contacted. I suspect I am the FIRST customer to ever order an Arlo Go camera from ATT is my bet

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @mdst

I have escalated this issue & customer support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the escalations number here. 41569382

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation