Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tomo15
Star
Star
  • Why am I all of a sudden receiving “critical battery warnings” when my battery is 90% charged and connected to a solar panel?  Never ending issues with this very expensive camera. 
Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

100 REPLIES 100
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@matt2023 wrote:

Thanks Neken, appreciate it. Although there's no pin hole reset on arlo go will definately try the 10sec sync thing. Perhaps between removing camera from app & adding it again.

No idea if it will help, but the reset procedure for the Go camera is here:

matt2023
Tutor
Tutor

RE: Class legal action agaianst Arlo

Considering this is a security device and the combined value of assets (all of us) under surveilance (without nuisaance alarms) warrants a class action againt Alro and shall refer the matter to Department of Fair Trading tomorrow here in Australia & my lawyer. It is clear that nothing is being done. I am going back to the purchase point to get a refund on the hardware and am not considering any upgrade to any new product or hardware if there is a risk of it hapening again. 

Turboy
Tutor
Tutor

Matt,

This seems to be a glitch in the app with the last app update and nothing to do with the cameras themselves.

If you read a few comments back Arlo have been informed and know of this issue and just require a fix and updated up which I assume will come very soon 

Philippe69
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the same problem for a few days with multiple critical battery warnings while the camera battery is 100% full. The only difference is that I receive an average of two or three messages a day. Firmware is 1.096.3.2_1.8.65.0_22, hardware is H6 and version is ARLO.FX.0.6.5.22.GC.003.

amanda14
Guide
Guide

No it’s not a reset! Everyone has deleted and added and still the message comes, I have 4 cameras and all night I was receiving the alerts, I turned off my cameras which I was very angry about as then I wasn’t protected at all, even this didn’t stop the notification. It is the app, get it fixed please!!!!

amanda14
Guide
Guide

7B1BE0B5-168D-418C-94B5-79AEF3BDBD40.jpeg

153B0273-ECA8-4251-8298-0DE4CB10DD32.jpeg

8AF6276D-B58D-49AB-A134-0B8227C5C6B7.jpeg

8AAEA9A9-E157-40CE-BB38-98B71E669935.jpeg

Tomo15
Star
Star

I have just received an app update, fingers crossed. 

amanda14
Guide
Guide

Yes I had no less than 47 warnings during the night and it was annoying! 

amanda14
Guide
Guide

Yes I have four camera operating atm, and it is relentless, iv screen shots of all the notifications and have only posted 4, getting a little angry about this, they think it’s our responsibility to go and turn everything off and reset cameras, how can it be soooo many users affected, so it is obviously at the app end! It’s not that hard to rewrite a line or delete alone in an algorithm in an app I’m sure! 

Turboy
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo app update just came out (version 4.1) and I updated it but the issue keeps reoccurring.

So disappointing.

Arlo, please fix this issue

Tomo15
Star
Star

I prematurely jumped with joy at the app update 😞

Rich_D
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, same here.
Updated to 4.1 (5991)  released  27 Jan 2023 

BethTessman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting the same messages with my Arlo Go’s going offline for no reason.  

solidamber
Guide
Guide

I'm getting this issue as well, notifications of critical battery  but is fully charged  even with  arlo go disabled,  please fix .

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi all, 

The team is actively investigating this issue, there should be an update to resolve this soon, you should see improvements around 7pm PST.

Update: It looks like a fix is being pushed now

Thank you 

RC580
Tutor
Tutor

getting that msg too even though battery is 96% full

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 12.10.58 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-01 at 12.12.47 PM.jpeg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

A fix was released that should have resolved this issue. Please let me know if you still experience this issue with the critical battery notifications. 

Turboy
Tutor
Tutor

Haven’t had the annoying battery notification for around 5 hours now so looking very good so far.

Hopefully I don’t see this issue again 

amanda14
Guide
Guide

Looks good so far, thank you for the fix, looks like we may get some peace tonight 🙏🏻 

skitkamera
Guide
Guide

Need a instruction how to install the fix!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@skitkamera wrote:

Need a instruction how to install the fix!

I suspect a back-end fix (since the back end was sending the notifications in the first place).  If I'm right on that, then there is nothing to install.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@skitkamera

This fix was deployed on the backend, there are no steps needed by the user. 

Thank you all for the updates, please let me know if this issue occurs again.

Shayne

dearjulio
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks Arlo team! Seems to have fixed the issue.

Rich_D
Tutor
Tutor

Problem solved 
Have not had a error message for 24hours 

Thanks to everyone involved 

Bethgrant
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did exactly what you have been told to do, now i have a double flashing amber light and cant get back on to resync to the app.  Tech support are NO help at all. Has been plugged into power for 8 hours