Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tomo15
Star
Star
  • Why am I all of a sudden receiving “critical battery warnings” when my battery is 90% charged and connected to a solar panel?  Never ending issues with this very expensive camera. 
Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

100 REPLIES 100
Neken
Initiate
Initiate

got the same problem on the Arlo Baby.

I reset the camera with a pin (small hole underneath the sync button, let it shut down then hold reset button for ten seconds). This fixed the issue. 

keryn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done this but it is still happening.

Martevuo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here! 

1. app re installed

2. Cams (Arlo go) re-installed 3x both

3. Subc already long time ago. On my sub 5+2 cams which these two are Arlo go.s at garage. 

still getting alerts. 

frustrating

mcjg
Star
Star

UPDATE

Arlo Support have been notified. They agree this is not an issue with cameras or users. I was able to send them a screenshot of Critical Battery notifications from 6 different cameras over a couple of hours which demonstrated that this was not an issue with the cameras. It has been referred to Arlo engineers. I suspect it is a software problem caused by a recent update which just affects Go cameras.

skitkamera
Guide
Guide

Ok Neken but I can not find any hole for a reset on my Arlo Go ?

Can anyone tell me if there is any hole for resetetting Arlo Go ?

DillZilla3
Tutor
Tutor

There isn't a reset hole on the GO. 

evuillaume
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same on Arlo baby 

33683349-9F17-4E87-A20E-26530C94912C.jpeg

 with alert notification

50D81FB3-1F54-4CC9-A73E-730E5836EE99.jpeg

Giorgio82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. Even changed the battery of my Arlo go. Very annoying! Resetting the camera did not work. 

UBEWDY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all

I run 3 Arlo Go's on my boat and very hard to play with the batteries.

It appears the software was upgraded for the PC access on the 23rd January when this issue started.

I can now not access the cameras on my PC but the Mobile version works fine.

I think as someone said before that it is this new software.

Arlo please get this fixed as I nearly always access via my PC as home as it is much easier and better images and videos.

OriReich
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. 

Started few days ago.

If it's the first time it has happened to all of us, maybe it's a problem with arlo app and not the camera itself.

Rich_D
Tutor
Tutor

yes - seems a bit weird that multiple Arlo Go cameras all started getting “false” critical battery alerts around the same date.

I didn’t notice any firmware update occur 

SimonAus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been getting this alarm for past few days also…!

matt2023
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Neken, appreciate it. Although there's no pin hole reset on arlo go will definately try the 10sec sync thing. Perhaps between removing camera from app & adding it again.

matt2023
Tutor
Tutor

Makes you wonder whether the update (if that's what happened) was even tested on alro go before this bug was simply passed on to the customer.

Tomo15
Star
Star

I don't they care about Arlo Go customers, especially the older version that they've had many issues with. All well out of warrantee by now. I'll be switching to Eufy as soon as it dies, could be sooner rather than later if we don't get these alerts sorted. 

Hippos321
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has started happing to 1 of our camera's2days ago….have disconnected..then reloaded to no avail….thought I going mad!…hope it can be fixed with firmware update.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Rich_D

Hang tight on driving to your camera, this will likely be fixed OTA for everyone soon. 

Thank you for your patience 

Smak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also started receiving Critical Battery Alert messages about 2 weeks ago for my Arlo Go. They seem to be coming more frequently as the days go by. I was able to get out to the property we have it monitoring to check everything,  but nothing seems wrong with the camera itself. It is still plugged in, shows full charge. I have reset it, removed and reinstalled the battery, etc, etc. Nothing has helped with these notifications. If it is a firmware issue I sure hope there is a fix soon. #arlo go 

nothroughroad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nah, it's definitely an Arlo issue, mate. I've been experiencing it since the last update also.

Aprate
Initiate
Initiate

Have also this problem with both Arlo babys firmware is 1.10.0.0_945_9d667ef

evuillaume
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not only Go camera, we have the same problem with arlo Baby...

Joey-C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mmmm add me to the list also.  I have tried everything I can think of but there is no change. Get the message about every 45 mins. Camera attached to solar panel and alternates between 93% and 100%. At least it still works and is detecting everything. 

Rich_D
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, had to go there today  anyway.

Went through the whole remove /factory/reset process

Did not fix it

Waiting …… 

Rene_Retusch
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same problem. We get one push up message per day with the critical warning alert. And our Arlo go camera is fully charged. I hope, you find asap the bug!!