Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tomo15
Star
Star
  • Why am I all of a sudden receiving “critical battery warnings” when my battery is 90% charged and connected to a solar panel?  Never ending issues with this very expensive camera. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@skitkamera

This fix was deployed on the backend, there are no steps needed by the user. 

Thank you all for the updates, please let me know if this issue occurs again.

Shayne

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

100 REPLIES 100
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot of the message. I've never heard of this and suspect something else is going on that's not anything to do with Arlo.

skitkamera
Guide
Guide

Hi, I have this "critical battery alert" all the time since 3-4 days back....

It fills my e-mail. I am in contact now with the support but I am not sure they will fix it.

Tomo15
Star
Star

Sure, see the screenshot. Started about 2-3 days ago and is constantly notifying me every 6 minutes. Very annoying to say the least. 

1722D14E-6AAC-4CAD-A5FB-5764BDA6B30B.png

Tomo15
Star
Star

So annoying. Between being offline half the day, only picking up half the motion, now this. I'm just glad Eufy have finally introduced an off-grid camera. But for $600 plus the solar charger, $750 is a lot for something that works 50% of the time. 

Tomo15
Star
Star

Tomo15_0-1674858094690.png

DillZilla3
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, did you figure out a solution for this error as I'm also now suddenly getting this after owning my Arlo GO for several years. Battery at 100% and critical battery warning coming through in the same format as motion notifications. 

Tomo15
Star
Star

No, still waiting on “guru”. Sounds like it’s just started happening, must be a bug. Let’s hope an update comes out ASAP, otherwise the camera is pretty much useless.

DillZilla3
Tutor
Tutor

Agreed, unusable camera with these incorrect & incessant notifications. Appreciate your reply and look forward to a response from GURU 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Being a guru can be a curse - if it doesn't happen to me it can be difficult for me to make suggestions.

First question based on the screenshots - what's "moonshine"? Assuming it's a camera or security sensor, have you checked the battery level?

TonyK66
Tutor
Tutor

I started receiving the same message a couple of days ago.

Arlo Go. Firmware 1.096.3.2_1.8.65.0_22

Hardware H6. Serial number 4YY29372A0294

This is really annoying constant notifications 

Critical Battery Alert

mobile will shut down shortly 

TonyK66
Tutor
Tutor

TonyK66_0-1674920930015.png

TonyK66
Tutor
Tutor

This is a screenshot of received notification 

TonyK66_0-1674921059561.png

Tomo15
Star
Star

Guru - maybe don’t bother responding if you don’t understand what’s going on.

Moonshine is just the name I have given the Arlo Go. There’s clearly a bug affecting Arlo Go users that needs fixing from an update. No setting change will fix this issue. 

mcjg
Star
Star

Absolutely,  I have got the same problem, started a few days ago. Fully charged cameras reporting low battery. I have reset cameras, reset app, tried everything with no result. Obviously a bug in the app.

mcjg
Star
Star

only affects Arlo Go, my hub cameras are fine

Rokshok
Initiate
Initiate

Yep, happening to me too. Every hour or so Critical Battery Alert, only on Arlo Go. 6 Other Arlo OK. Camera is on charge and showing 100%.  Driving us nuts !!

Arlo Go

Firmware 1.096.3.2_1.8.65.0_7

Hardware  H6

Serial 57F1787NA01C7

Tomo15
Star
Star

So it randomly stopped giving me the notifications about an hour ago, yay. But now the solar charger isn’t charging the camera 🤦

Farmallcrow
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I have the same "critical battery alarm'  on one of my wireless cameras showing up.  Is there a solution for this as yet?

Turboy
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, I’ve been getting this “Critical Battery Alert” notification constantly for the past week now (battery on solar and always between 90-100% battery) so same issue here.

Someone at Arlo needs to get into this ASAP and fix it 

Tomo15
Star
Star

I spoke to soon, back getting notifications after a few hours rest. I need this camera to be working, as it’s critical for security over a particular area. 

dearjulio
Initiate
Initiate

Yes got this too. Started happening a week ago. Since I get Arlo alerts on my watch it is very annoying to get false "critical battery alerts" when my Arlo Go it is fully charged between 90% - 100% and working.

Can someone please roll back some source code affecting the Arlo Go please 🙂

Fox-ar
Initiate
Initiate

Hi

Holy **bleep**..

Since 2 days i get "critical battery alert" each 30 minutes.. even battery shoes 100 % charched.

Arlo just fix this problen asap!

In the past everything was fine till now to this bug...

keryn
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the past few days I have been getting Critical Battery Alert notifications every 30 minutes. It says the camera will soon shut down.

This is happening for two different  Arlo Go cameras but the batteries are showing 100% and the cameras are plugged into power.

I have removed and then re-added both cameras a few times but the problem persists.

I even took the battery out of one of them but I still get the notifications for both of them.

Apart from smashing them I don't know what else to do. 

Any ideas?

Cheers

matt2023
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo GO VML4030. Add me to the list! Same symptoms - has worked fine since April 2022 when I purchased camera. Is this covered under warranty? Seems suspicious it's started to happen to everyone at the same time. Please provide a firmware update? I have tried removing/adding/restoring camera to factory default settings and problem persists. What are the triggers for this warning? Should it simply be a low battery % threshold? Does it monitor other battery conditions (such as current or charging performance) and is there a need to purchase a new battery? In my case, after around 9 months usage. I doubt it because the camera is working fine, battery is charging and showing % status as normal. Arlo, have you commenced looking into this or should I return to store for refund/replacement or upgrade?