Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Hydraulic
Tutor
Tutor

I have two Arlo Go cameras out in the bush. Both worked fine until 1st November, then it changed but only on the web login to my account. Both cameras tell me I have to activate SIM card. I cannot access them live but they do record, send push notifications and everything else, so they clearly are activated.

No issues on my mobile, no message to activate SIMS, live feed available, no issues at all.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

I think it might be a programming issue with the web portal version, as one camera tells my I'm still with an old SIM card provider.

Any help appreciated. I've got 15 Arlo cameras in total and this is my first issue in 3 years with any of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. I'd suggest for you to navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you including live chat.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Hydraulic,

Does this happen when you're on incognito mode or on a different browser? Can you show both screenshots where the web client shows this error message but it doesn't on the Arlo app on your phone device?

Hydraulic
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Jessica

This is what shows in Firefox and does same on MS Edge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smu3or4kwardihw/arlo-snip.JPG?dl=0

Then on my Iphone no problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uyddmeuj9wbjw3/IMG_2575.PNG?dl=0 

You'll have to copy and paste links onto your browser, was not able to post with direct links.

I'm not comfortable with pressing the button on cameras, just in case I have to reset them again, which would be worse than having a fat fingered prostrate check.🙄

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.😉

arlo-snip.JPG
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for sharing those screenshots. I'd suggest for you to navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you including live chat.

Tatey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Mate

I'm having the exact same issues did you find a solution?

Cheers

Tatey

Hydraulic
Tutor
Tutor

Nah mate, the Arlo Head Shed are looking into it but not had an answer from them yet. Last contact was two days ago and I was promised a response within 24-48 Hours. Can I ask where on this planet you are and when did your problem appear? Mine worked fine until 1st November, it still sends push messages and records any action, just no live feed available on Browser. Tried on MS Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome, same drama and message. Mobile app works exactly as it should.

Tatey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gday Mate

I'm in Victoria just North of Geelong.

My issue started on the 5th November, I am also receiving push notification and am able to look at recorded action.

See attached photo of what message I'm getting which wont allow me to watch live feed.

Everything works fine on my mobile app.

Very frustrated so I'm keen to see if they come up with a solution otherwise I will return it and buy another brand that offers better support.

Cheers

Arlo.jpg
Hydraulic
Tutor
Tutor

G'day

Still no response or answer from support. I'm 20 minutes South of Port Macquarie, NSW so wonder if it's an Aussie SIM card issue. If so, there must be more of us with this problem. I've got 2 x Coles annual cards, hosted by Optus Network on 3G/4G. Like you, no issues until November. I'm tempted to take my laptop out to the bush, press the button and see one happens on one of the cameras. I'll go for easiest access one first. Will probably do it on Tuesday afternoon, 16th Nov as I'm busy until then. Will let you know how that goes, if no response from Arlo Head shed.

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

I see there was an acceptance of the issue.  WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?  my cameras are still experiencing the same issue,  

Hydraulic
Tutor
Tutor

The acceptance was that I needed to contact Arlo Support as was unlikely to get help on a community page. The Head Shed at Arlo are still pondering over this, so I decided to do something about it. Anyway, I have both my Arlo Go's working as they should, it was a bit of an effort but I worked out the only way to do it. Take your mobile to the camera, get your ladder or whatever to enable you to get in front of it. Remove camera from list of devices, then add camera, press sync button on camera, select option on phone for its QR Code to open, put it in front of camera till you hear the chime and BINGO, it works again. Make sure to name camera same as one you just removed, it's the same camera anyway. All your stored video will still be there. It's a pain in the arse but I was not waiting for Arlo to fix it, the only time I have patience is when sniping or fishing, I'm no longer serving so I only go fishing now. Hope it all works for you. Have a good one mate.

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the advice.  I did something similar and got to the camera and took the battery out and the simm card. Then booted it up and it worked.  Couldn’t wait for Arlo. 

Second issue:  I’m finding the web portal is screwed up, lots of issues there.  Are u seeing any issues on my.Arlo.com

Tatey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gday Guys

Ok I went out to my Arlo Go and got it working by taking the battery out and putting it back in and rebooting it.

Unfortunately I've just got home and see that it still doesn't work on the web but works fine on the app.

Strangely even though I cant view on the web it shows the signal strength, correct battery percentage and I can view notifications.

I wish ARLO got onboard to assist!!!!

Hydraulic
Tutor
Tutor

G'day Again Mate

The ONLY way I got it to work, was to go to the camera with my Iphone, log into Arlo App, open device list then settings on the device. At the bottom it says [Remove Device], click on it and confirm device removal. Then you need to go back into list of devices and at bottom click on [Add New Device]. It will ask for a [QR Code on the Box], click on [No QR Code] It will then show an image of an Arlo Pro 3 (Bugger knows why) and tell you to press sync button camera. On an Arlo Go its top front and can still be pressed if you have a skin. When blue light is flashing, hold the QR code that should now be showing on your phone, up to front of camera until you hear a chime and it will start looking for it (The camera). All should then be good. It took me a few goes to get the chime instead of the Uhh Ooh one. Make sure you name it the Identical Name to one it had, you'll keep all prior videos then. It's a real  to do when your up high on a ladder against a big Ironbark Tree. Let me know how you go. Arlo Head Shed still trying to work it out. 🙄

Tatey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for the explanation I will follow these instructions next time.

I was hoping after rebooting and it started working on my app all would have been ok.

It will be another few weeks before I can get back there so ill keep you informed.

Thank you

Jeno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

On the other side of the globe (Hungary) I'm having exactly the same problem. Thanks for your advice, I'm trying to fix it soon as you suggested and will report if it worked or not.

Rgds,

Jeno 

Jeno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks, Hydraulic!!!

Especially for mentioning: "It took me a few goes to get the chime instead of the Uhh Ooh one". I had four tries but finally  my Arlo Go brought to life.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation