Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help.. since new firmware update I am unable to access modes! And am no longer getting notifications

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tjxr8
Follower
Follower

20th November 2021 Australia 🙂

Help.. since new firmware update I am unable to access modes! And am no longer getting notifications.

I have restarted and reinstalled app etc… I am unable to get back to my camera as I live away and it keeps security over our property elsewhere.. really need some help please 

4 REPLIES 4
Robwen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem since the new firmware update - I can no longer access Modes. When I open the app it flashes on the video screen “Firmware has been updated” twice, and then when I go to Modes it says “Getting information” but never goes any further. So the modes I have set up and used since we first bought the camera are no longer working. I now have to manually turn the camera on and off by selecting “Arm all Devices” or “Disarm all Devices”, which is really annoying because previously it automatically turned on at 7am and off at 9.30pm. The camera is set up to watch our horses on a property away from our home and we rely on it, so it is really annoying to have to remember now to turn it on and off every day.  
I know this is an older model camera now, but if Arlo is doing compulsory firmware updates on it they should make sure they work and don’t adversely affect the functionality of their cameras. I am extremely unhappy that this has happened. We should have a choice whether we want to update the firmware, especially if it is going to do stuff like this. Arlo, please get this sorted out and restore access to Modes!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different device? Have you tried the web client?

Robwen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I haven’t tried another device as I don’t have another one and don’t know anyone who has. I didn’t know there was a web client, so I have just logged in and it’s saying “A SIM card is inserted and must be activated in order to be used.” It doesn’t say that on the app, the SIM card has been in there for two years and it is working fine. I can see the videos in the library and use the camera live on the app. So I’m not sure why it’s saying that on the web client. In any case, it is asking me to press the sync button on the camera to enable the SIM card, and I’m not near the camera and it’s 2am here. So I can’t do anything until tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion though. I’ll check it out when I can tomorrow. 

HalfIrish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera was purchased in a Verizon store and in use for a couple of years; stopped working after update. Deleted the device, attempted to reinstall as a new device with no luck. Pushed the sync button so many times my finger is blue and camera never "clicked" nor recognized the QR code. 

Any ideas would be appreciated otherwise it is going to the landfill with the next trash collection.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation