Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go randomly ignored scheduled settings

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
RFlood
Guide
Guide

Firmware 1.096.3.2_1.8.65.0_22

Version 3.5.11_2

Date Nov 16, 2021

Since that time, the Arlo Go has randomly ignored the Scheduled settings. It will keep sending notifications & recording after the cut off time. Initially, I re-installed the camera and recreated the schedule. That worked for a few days. Then twice this week, it continued on past the scheduled cut off. When I open the app (on iPhone) it says something about firmware has been updated. Then when I try to restart the device, it says it's off-line. What to do? Try manually updating firmware? Anyone else having problems since Nov 16th ? 

26 REPLIES 26
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RFlood,

Are you experiencing the issue where your camera is still offline even after the firmware was updated on your camera?

RFlood
Guide
Guide

I'm learning that when I press "reset" it automatically says it's offline. After that, it comes back online and will follow the schedule MOST of the time, but every 3 -4 days it will keep recording & sending notifications after the cut-off time. This seems to correlate to the firmware update in November. It has not sent any more notes about "firmware has been updated" (or something to that effect).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try deleting your schedule and re-create it again through the web client on your computer to see if that may help.

RFlood
Guide
Guide

I did that ... removed the device and then reinstalled it with a new name and recreated the schedule a couple weeks ago. This am, every time I open the iPhone app it flashes  "firmware has been updated" twice. I just removed the app from my phone and reinstalled it (oddly it was still configured with the same camera and schedule) and still flashing firmware message. It does not do that from the web app on my computer, but the library is full of recordings from after the schedule cut off time on both devices. 

I was going to try updating (or re-updating) the firmware manually and found the instructions online, but there is no button to update firmware as per the instructions. On the app, it says no updates available. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try restarting your Arlo Go (not removing the device) by removing the battery and re-inserting it back in to see if that might help. 

For the "firmware has been updated," the development team is aware about this issue and is looking into the issue. You can get updates when this issue will be fixed here: "Firmware has been updated" showing on my Arlo iOS app. Not seeing it on web client.

Orla-Resu
Tutor
Tutor
I have the dame fw installed on my 2018 arlo GO (H4) and experienced the same problem in the past few weeks. STOP recording schedule ist ignored. Unfortunately I cannot find any info about fw changelog….
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Orla-Resu,

Have you tried removing your schedule and creating it again to see if that helps? Have you also tried re-creating it back through the web client on your computer?

RFlood
Guide
Guide

Removed the battery and it worked properly for 3 days. Now the camera is active, but not following the schedule at all... no recordings or notifications. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We'd suggest you to navigate to Settings > Support in the Arlo App for service options available to you including live chat to assist you further.

RFlood
Guide
Guide

Hmmm... the only options are community support unless I buy a subscription. Not thinking this is fair when this all stems from a firmware update that I didn't ask for. Therefore, question, after 2 yrs, is this camera toast, or is there a way to roll back the firmware? Or is technical department still working on this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RFlood wrote:

is there a way to roll back the firmware? 

The answer to that is no.

@RFlood wrote:

Hmmm... the only options are community support unless I buy a subscription. 

Setting the fairness question aside:  You can purchase a single-camera subscription, and then cancel after your issue is resolved.  They will prorate the amount in the month you cancel (refunding part of the month).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RFlood

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

RFlood
Guide
Guide

I just placed it back in Schedule Mode as it has been disarmed.  I'll know tomorrow how it responded.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Okay, thanks for the update.

RFlood
Guide
Guide

Yesterday, I set the mode to schedule, which is basically 8pm to 6am. It did nothing. This am I adjusted the schedule to extend to be currently active and saved the setting (for today only). Within a couple of minutes it detected motion and sent the notification to my phone and the event is recorded in the library as expected. 

I'll leave it as is and see if it will follow the existing schedule that is in the settings. The results won't be known until tomorrow. IF it does not operate as expected, I'll make adjustments to all the daily schedules and see if that makes a difference. It will take a couple of days to complete the test.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Perfect, thanks for another update : )

RFlood
Guide
Guide

It still arms as per schedule, but doesn't stop at the correct time, unless I disarm it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd suggest deleting the whole schedule and rebuild it.

RFlood
Guide
Guide

I've rebuilt it at least once, but will try again. As I said yesterday, it was unable to connect. This am it had "firmware updated" and I had to arm it to get a live shot. I'll rebuild it today and see what happens.

suasnpd
Tutor
Tutor
I’m still experiencing significant issues with my cameras following the schedule. I have deleted all the schedules and rebuilt them through the desktop and the cameras still don’t arm on time and will go hours past the schedule for the disarm. Is this a byproduct of the recent firmware update?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@suasnpd wrote:
the cameras still don’t arm on time and will go hours past the schedule for the disarm. Is this a byproduct of the recent firmware update?

No idea on the firmware possibility, but I am wondering if the lag in arming/disarming is always the same number of hours.  If so, it might be a time zone issue.

RFlood
Guide
Guide

It seems my issue started after a firmware update months ago. The camera is on the correct time zone and the library files show the correct time. It still constantly bypasses the stop time until I disarm it. It only takes a second to disarm  and then re-arm it and then it's good to go for the next cycle. I'm not implying that the current issue is simply a minor inconvenience because it will send rapid-fire notifications when it should not be recording. 

suasnpd
Tutor
Tutor
I’m not sure about that, because for instance, my cameras were supposed to disarm at 5:45 AM and as of nearly 10:30 AM they were still armed. I then went into one of the schedules and switched it to disarm and then back to schedule and it switched straight back to schedule arm even though the schedule indicates it shouldn’t be armed. I then edited the schedule by one minute and saved it and it immediately schedule disarmed.
Orla-Resu
Tutor
Tutor

This problem is still existing, more than 6 months after reporting it!

I already deleted my schedule via web client and rebuilt it in web client several times. Arming & disarming via schedule is STILL NOT WORKING on time!

last night an incident occured and this cam didn´t record anything, because the schedule was not working!

When will you fix this problem?

[EDIT: The problem occured for the first time with firmwareupdate in dec 2021, prior to that it worked perfectly without any problems!]

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation