Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go motion detection triggered by audio

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

I dont even have my audio alarm set. Yet every time audio is detected, the motion detection is triggered and the camera starts recording.

Once again, Arlo is using it's users as BETA testers.

My Arlo Go has been a really cool device. Im just so tired of basic functions not working. This is blatantly poor BETA quality control by Netgear / Arlo.

18 REPLIES 18
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jabroni,

Audio will only start a recording if your rules tell the camera to detect motion on audio. Check your rules for the active mode and be sure Audio is unchecked for motion detection.

JamesC

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
James, as my original post clearly states, the audio alarm is not set.

Again, audio is "unchecked".

Yet it is audio that is triggering the motion detection.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
How is it that you've determined that audio has been the trigger?
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
Because i can hear a automobile in the background. Behind the direction the canera is facing is a public road.

Every time a car drives by the camera goes off.

I check the recording and there is no motion. Only the audio in the background.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'm not clear - is the camera facing the road or away?

If facing the road, is it possible that the motion simply isn't captured due to the startup lag of any of the wireless cameras? Post a screenshot of share a video so we see what you see.
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not facing the road.

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
The camera is facing the opposite direction that the sounds are coming from
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Gotcha. One last question, any chance there's a reflection being seen from the car passing by, such as from a window? Cars reflect the sun's IR quite readily so if it can somehow get directed to the camera sensor that may be it.

Of course, others have also reported audio detection when disabled. Have you tried resetting and starting fresh? Be sure to check your firmware against what's posted in the Release Notes area here.
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
Pretty much zero chance that reflection is the cause. My driveway that my camera is facing is well above the public road where the noise is coming from.

I'll check the firmware. Regardless, as I said in my initial post, this should not be a firmware issue. Netgear shouldn't be releasing products that have so many blatant flaws that never should've survived the beta phase.
Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
Firmware is up to date fwiw.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jabroni,

If you have email alerts enabled, it should indicate whether the trigger is an audio alert or a motion alert.

Which subject line shows for your alert emails?

Arlo has detected a sound. Here are the details:

or

Arlo has detected motion on one of your cameras. Here are the details:

This should help determine if it is audio or motion triggering the camera.

JamesC

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice
JamesC, i cannot make it any more clear, it is audio that is setting off the motion detection.

If i stand behind the camera and yell, motion detection is triggered. Despite the notice subject line saying it was motion.

I can recreate the issue with consistency.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Time to open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jabroni,

This is not normal behavior. I agree with jguerdat above and recommend opening a support ticket to further investigate this issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ive tried opening a case.

As has been in the case in the past, if I click "Submit Your Email" in the "Drop Us a Line" feature of the support center, the website crashes and fails to send my issue to Netgear.

If one of you moderators could forward this thread to the appropriate parties, I would greatly appreciate it.

JamesC wrote:

Jabroni,

This is not normal behavior. I agree with jguerdat above and recommend opening a support ticket to further investigate this issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tested this on my computer and had no problem submitting the form.  Not sure why this would be a problem for you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jabroni,

I have logged and escalated a support case on this issue. An agent should reach out to you via email as soon as possible.

JamesC

Jabroni
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC wrote:

Jabroni,

I have logged and escalated a support case on this issue. An agent should reach out to you via email as soon as possible.

JamesC

Thanks a ton JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation