Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go is a defective product. Warranty date passed and tried changing SIM card from AT&T.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mjmell2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Go is defective product that is no longer sold on their website. When it goes bad the tell you to buy a new one but you can't buy it through Arlo.  The camera worked for less than a year but when I got the camera back from my ranch and called for troubleshooting it was past the warranty date so they won't do anything about it. I spent many hours on the phone with them and they told me it was AT&T's issue. Went to AT&T and got a new sim card and still didn't work.  After another couple hours on the phone with "John" (from India) he said there was nothing he can do and I had to buy a new one.  I have spent Thousands of dollars with Arlo and recommended them to many people but I will no longer do this.  Arlo has a problem with the Go cameras and knows it, that is why they no longer offer the Go to be purchased on their website.  Don't waste the $500 on this camera or spend any money with a company that won't stand behind their product.

3 REPLIES 3
Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Here are things to consider for ur problems

location Of camera and what cell tower it connects to. Could be a 3g, and that’s a big problem

Arlo might be ready to release a new versionof Go, so selling old versions might be a lot of returns

mjmell2003
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera worked fine for 6 months and stopped. Removed camera from my app and when I go to add it back it will not scan the QR code so that tells me the lens on the camera is bad.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mjmell2003 wrote:
The camera worked fine for 6 months and stopped. Removed camera from my app and when I go to add it back it will not scan the QR code so that tells me the lens on the camera is bad.

Contact support (using the link in the top right of the forum page).  It sounds like you are within the warranty period, so you should be able to get a replacement camera.

Though it can be tricky to get the QR code to scan, so it might not be the lens or electronics.  You might want to try using the web ui (my.arlo.com) in a PC browser, and then slowly move the camera to make sure it can find focus on the full QR code.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation