Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo GO - Turn off roaming?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
aewik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey,

I've got an Arlo GO which keep changing network all the time, draining battery and going offline constantly.

In the Web UI there is a setting for enabling/disabling Roaming, but the slider doesn't work. Can't even click on it to disable roaming. Any ideas?

If I check the browser network-tab I can also see a lot of site errors, "ERROR TypeError: e.toggleRoaming is not a function" for example. 

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi aewik,

Have you tried removing the battery from your Arlo Go and re-inserting back in to see if that may help?

aewik
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have two batteries that I swap between, but I can’t see why changing battery would change the error message (non functional roaming button) in the web GUI?

For me it seems the Arlo web gui is not working when trying to change/disable the roaming for Arlo Go.

Perhaps anyone could confirm if it’s working for them or not?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing/reinserting the battery resets the camera to a known configuration.

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

Verizon and att are upgrading the cell towers… to 4g 4.5 g and 5G.  and that could be a cause of disconnects

another reason is its trying to connect to a 3g tower and its a week signal.   Causes lots of retries.  And ultimately battery goes down.I’ve been there on this issue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation