Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Offline frequently - US Cellular

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stepdal
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Go VML-4030 is on US Cellular and goes offline frequently.  I don't have access to wifi.  It's in a nursing 

home where my son lives.  Any suggestions?  I have the app on my mac and iphone.  Camera is in Sedalia Mo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Do you know how the signal strength has been at this location? Have you or can you try testing the signal strength at another location to see if the signs strength improves? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Do you know how the signal strength has been at this location? Have you or can you try testing the signal strength at another location to see if the signs strength improves? 

RockDB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cell carriers are known for "throttling" or limiting your data usage - even when you have so-called unlimited data.  I am having regular issue's like this with my 3 "GO's" and I believe that is what's going on. If so, it's nothing wrong with the camera that Arlo can help with. Question your cell provider about your plan and how the camera's may be affected when you reach your unlimited data plan's "Cap".

Stepdal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will check with them.  I have noticed it works better during the day.  Last night there was a period of 5 hours 

where it was off line.

Thanks for the feedback. 

Stepdal
Aspirant
Aspirant

The signal strength is weak usually one bar.  I have trouble getting internet on my ipad sometimes and I have

wifi data unlimited on it.  The nursing home is located about 5 miles out of town and I don't see any towers near by.  I haven't tested the strength in town other than the hotel but I will try that.  Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation