Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
er-minio
Tutor
Tutor

I got a new SIM card from Lebara mobile (4G/5G) to replace the V-SIM card.

See: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Go/V-sim-is-stopping-in-August-what-sim-to-use/m-p/2335767

I am unable to make the camera read the QR code with the new SIM.

I replaced the APN info before swapping the SIMS, but I'm unable to get the camera to read the QR code successfully. I suspect the camera doesn't connect to the internet.

The SIM is active (tested on another device).

APN info I am using is:

• APN: uk.lebara.mobi.
  • Username: wap.
  • Password: wap.

No authentication specified.

I'd appreciate any help as I have to have this back up working fairly soon.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @er-minio 

I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out as soon as possible.

er-minio
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.

I did put the original sim back in, but I’m afraid the SIM will run out at the end of the month before I’ll have the ability to switch them out again (and change the apn manually I guess).

I’ll wait for support. Thanks!

lotuska
Guide
Guide

I’ve just managed to do this move from a Vodafone V-sim to a Lebara one, the process isn’t that simple but here are the main steps I used.

1. Activate and add your new Lebara sim by installing into an old phone. Activate the sim by sending a message (also got an email from Lebara confirming the Sim was active). I needed the text message to get a code so I could add the sim to my Lebara account so I can manage and track spend and usage.

2. Remove the Arlo Go camera from my Arlo account (Made a note of the name I used for the camera for later)

3. Install new Lebara sim into the Arlo Go, insert newly charged battery and powered the Arlo Go up.

4. Make sure you have mobile coverage (if you don’t it won’t work!!) wait….and wait…the arlo go should start to flash its blue led, and eventually it should ping (I assume that means its got a good mobile signal). If you get a yellow flashing led you can’t move on, and you need to figure out why your arlo isn’t seeing a mobile signal (nothing to do with the APN setting…these come later)

5. On your Arlo app, log into your account and select add camera (find the Arlo Go in the list, its under “others” as its the older version)

6. Follow the instructions on your app, press the sync button on top of the Arlo Go, you should hear a shutter noise. Select continue on the app and you should see a QR code, place this in front of the Arlo Go, around 4 to 6 inches away. The arlo go should have a flashing blue led. Eventually you should get a success ping and the blue led should stop flashing and become a solid blue. If you get a yellow flashing led, a failed buzzer noise then you still have issues. This is when you can try and edit the APN settings for your sim (the Lebara ones are shown in the first post) and retry the QR scanning process again.

7. Assuming that you have succeeded so far you now can add the Arlo Go to your account, in the app select the search for Arlo device option, you should see the blue led on the Arlo Go flashing blue and purple (I assume that this is camera talking to the Arlo App. If successful the app will confirm that it has found the Arlo go, now use the same name for the camera as you noted at the start and the Arlo Go should be added back to your account and still be linked to your previous recordings. If this fails to find the Arlo Go you will need to try the whole process again….it took my 4 attempts!!!

8. check the settings for recording, triggers etc as they may have changed.

hope this helps

er-minio
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the step by step, this helps.

I have a question:

> This is when you can try and edit the APN settings for your sim (the Lebara ones are shown in the first post) and retry the QR scanning process again.

How do you edit the APN info if you aren't able to add the camera back to the account (QR code scan fails)?

Have you had to do this?

lotuska
Guide
Guide

Hi,

My bad, I typed up the reply from memory….You can change the APN information after the next step in my instruction's.

So the process is select the option to scan for new Arlo device (doesn’t matter if the QR code scanning process succeeded or failed)…wait for a while and if the app reports that it found no Arlo devices you can then select Try Again or Edit APN information, and this is where you can also enter the Lebara info.

Hope that helps

er-minio
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks a lot lotuska. This is incredibly helpful, as I wasn't able to switch to my new lebara card earlier this month. The QR scan would fail all the times.

I switched back to the V-SIM for now, but I'm away from the camera for a while and will have to switch sims in August (after V-SIM deadline).

> wait for a while and if the app reports that it found no Arlo devices you can then select Try Again or Edit APN information

Thanks!

I wasn't aware of this step, I assumed the camera needed an active internet connection to change the APN (so using the V-SIM card).

I will try the procedure again, as you described, in a few weeks and report back 🙂

I will do the wait at the beginning when switching SIMs. I wasn't waiting long when I tried the first time.

My lebara SIM is active (I got the email from lebara) but will put it into a mobile and send a few text messages just to be on the safe side. 🙂

Thanks again a lot!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation