Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
RustyWinslow
Tutor
Tutor

Stupid question.  How do I open a case file? 

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Not stupid at all and not that easy! You can do it by going to support on the app or the website. When I did that I had to keep rephrasing my question to finally bypass the support robot. Another way is to email support at customerservice@arlo.com. This I didn’t know when I opened it.
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS  - We appreciate the update, but it contains little helpful content. Meanwhile our cameras have been unusable and unreliable for over two months, with the last update from Arlo many weeks ago. Understand that there may not be an easy simple solve, but any inofrmation regarding why the issue is happening and an estimated time for completion would be helpful. We are continuing to be charged by AT&T for our use of the cameras with greatly reduced functionality.

It is unacceptable that customers are contacting support as recently as this week and being told that that this is not a known issue. What do we need to do to get this escalated?

I have submitted a case to the Better Business Bureau, and would recommend that everyone else do this as well in addition to filing a case with Arlo and AT&T. 

SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Can anyone provide e-mails addresses for the Arlo management team?

I would like to email the CEO and fill him in on this.

This has gone on way to long with the lack of support.
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

You can try Twitter  - https://twitter.com/mbmcrae/

dlt2
Tutor
Tutor

Can someone let us know how to Private Message the Moderator?

Thank You,

Drmwood
Tutor
Tutor
I tried to open a case via email but was told I was not “entitled” to support from live agent since I am not a service plan subscriber. Told me I could visit Arlo for self help videos or Arlo community. Then I got an email to rate my support experience 😳
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
This is the response I received today from support. Same old story

Thank you for your email and update. We are sorry for the delayed response.

We know what it feels like to be waiting for a resolution to a problem, and we're sorry we put you in that situation. We have tried sending a follow-up from the appropriate team, however, the team is still working on this issue.

Rest assured that we will provide an update as soon as we learn more.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work towards a resolution.

K375
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo is owned by Netgear. You can find the Netgear leadership on the web to email.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@K375 wrote:
Arlo is owned by Netgear. 

No - that used to be the case.  But Netgear divested Arlo back in 2018.  

RustyWinslow
Tutor
Tutor

I sent an email to Customer Support.  We will see how that turns out.

Something tells me, due to the lack of updates, we are one day going to get the "it can't be fixed, sorry guys" notification when they probably knew that all along.  "Thanks for continuing to pay your subscription, we really appreciate it".

I'm about done myself.

K375
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the update. I was under the impression that Arlo is still owned by Netgear but they made Arlo a publicly traded portion on the NYSE.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@K375 wrote:
I was under the impression that Arlo is still owned by Netgear but they made Arlo a publicly traded portion on the NYSE.

See https://investor.netgear.com/releases/press-release-details/2018/NETGEAR-Completes-Spin-Off-of-Arlo/...

NETGEAR no longer owns any shares of Arlo common stock is the relevant bit.

Outcold
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got on here to hopefully figure out why my Arlo go is offline and not likening what I’m seeing. Cameras went offline and back online all winter, when it was below zero they would go offline and come back as it warmed up. Today had one camera go offline (45deg.) and won’t come back online even after an hour chat with tech. I see most on here hav e ATT but I do not I have USCellular
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Here is my latest:

Thank you for sending your response and update. Upon checking your case, it seems that this is related to an ongoing issue. No worries, our team is already working on a solution for this. We will update you via email as soon as a resolution for this issue is available.

We are hoping for your continued patience and understanding.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

Keven55
Guide
Guide
I’ve been fighting this battle for months. Time for a Class Action Lawsuit. I expect Arlo to credit me for their cameras and I’m dropping AT&T. How do we proceed?
KBGood
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have ATT Arlo Go. Experiencing same problem with losing connectivity for @3 months. I’m in Owasso, Oklahoma. Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope this gets resolved soon. We are all paying for something that hardly works.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KBGood

Agreed, I will continue to provide updates as soon I hear more. Thanks for your patience. 

RustyWinslow
Tutor
Tutor
I filed a report and got a case number. Got a call from Arlo technical support and they basically said they were working on it but no ETA on a solution.

Said they were trying to change something in the system where the cameras would only look for the LTE/4G cell signal since the problem was AT&T taking 3g offline.

I would rather them just go ahead and tell me it can’t be fixed. After this amount of time it doesn’t seem that it can be. Not only am I paying for something that doesn’t work, I have no security cameras at the same time. Just tell me and let me move on.

I think I would be less upset
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

We've not received any substantive updates other than that Arlo is working on it.

I specifically inquired on this forum last year if there was going to be an issue with the cameras with the move from 3G, but the responses I received from the community was that it would not be an issue and there was no response from Arlo. If Arlo is unable to resolve the issue, that's leaving a number of people with expensive cameras that Arlo rendered useless and obsolete overnight with no notification.

SHal
Tutor
Tutor

AT&T has confirmed they NO LONGER SUPPORT the Arlo Go camera.

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. Figured. I mentioned this is what they would say weeks ago.
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo's response has been that they are working with AT&T to resolve the issue. Not sure how that is happening if AT&T is no longer supporting.

SHal
Tutor
Tutor

There is no resolution. The camera for AT&T is no longer supported. I canceled my data plan and now have a useless, expensive camera.  Arlo needs to offer everyone a replacement camera on a working network.