Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Camera keeps going offline

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
Any more details on what they said? Not supporting as in they won’t help with tech support or they won’t let them run on their network?
SHal
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo Go no longer works on their network. That's what AT&T told me. No new SIM card will fix the problem.

Ruirock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any solution to this. I have 5 cameras and they all are offline. I can reinsert battery, and they work. For a few minutes to a few hours. This has been going on since January. 

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
They are still working on it. Opened a case?
Ruirock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m in central Texas. Never had an issue until January. I have 18 arlo cameras, 2 base stations and 5 go cameras. I need my Go’s to work. Please update us! $2000 worth of cameras.

i need to move on to another brand if these are out of date

Ruirock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Link? My ATT doesn’t say that?

Ruirock
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I open a case?

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
You can email them to customerservice@arlo.com and tell them this is one of hundreds of cases and you want to be included in their investigation with AT&T.
Ruirock
Aspirant
Aspirant
SHal
Tutor
Tutor

After getting no resolution from Arlo, I went into my local AT&T store.  The store manager said the Arlo Go doesn't work on AT&T any longer and there was no point installing a new SIM card.

SHal
Tutor
Tutor

I received two months credit from AT&T for my data plan for my Arlo Go since it hasn't been working at least that long.  Then I canceled my data plan.  Arlo should replace all AT&T Go cameras with cameras on a working network, i.e. Verizon since AT&T cameras have been rendered unusable.  Perhaps a class action suit is in order?

Keven55
Guide
Guide
Completely agree. Mine has been going off for months. I completely agree to investing a class action lawsuit based on the lack of response and a credit from Arlo
Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
This is the latest I got. At least now we have an acknowledgement of what the issue is. Keep adding your cases to this problem, folks.

I have looked into your case and found out that we have received similar reports regarding the Arlo Go camera (AT&T) intermittently goes offline. I have added your case to the list of affected users.

Our engineering team is looking into this and based on the latest update, problem seems to lie on AT&T's discontinuation of the 3G connection. The team is diligently working on this. As soon as we learn more and have updates for a fix, we will update you as soon as possible.
Ruirock
Aspirant
Aspirant
BethTessman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Beth,

Good day!

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I understand how hard it is to deal with your Arlo device that keeps on getting offline intermittently. Rest assured, everything will be taken care of.

Please understand that we need to further investigate this for us to know what is causing the problem and to arrive at a better and concrete resolution. I will consult this case to the concerned team as this might be related to the AT & T SIM on-going issue which our engineering team is currently working on for the permanent fix. I will give you an update as soon as possible.

Please use this KB Article for your reference:
https://kb.arlo.com/1202684/My-Arlo-Go-camera-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it

Sincerely,

Ritchie
Arlo Technical Support
Support.arlo.com
Community.arlo.com
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

Courtneyd1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
If they are working on it and it's a known problem why when I'm trying to make a case they act like they never heard of this concern before and assure me they never ran into the problem where all their rebooting and Uninstalling and resetting does not help and continue to make me do it over and over again
RustyWinslow
Tutor
Tutor

I think I'm done.  This run around from both Arlo and AT&T is exhausting.  You could retain a little respect if you just said "hey, this is just not going to be compatible anymore".  Instead, it just keeps dragging on as the monthly bills keep coming in for something that doesn't work.

Anyone have any suggestions on a similar replacement?  I need to replace the (2) Arlo Go cellular cameras as well my (2) Arlo Wifi.  Ironically both Wifi work flawlessly off of a hotspot that's on the same AT&T plan as the Go, but if I've got to change, I'm changing everything.  I'm not donating another dime to this company.

philblakely
Tutor
Tutor

I have two arlo go cameras that have been in service for several years. They do not stay connected anymore. One unit is almost never online. I have pulled the batteries to reset them, and the issue did not go away. The carrier is AT&T. I believe the cell towers have been upgraded in the area. 

8ntitgrate
Tutor
Tutor

Case Number: 42984225     ARLO support isn't even informed on the ATT issue. I couldn't even get an answer that they're working on the problem. They only want to go through the standard troubleshooting process and refer you to ATT or get new SIM cards.  Thats extremely poor client relations. I will cost quite a bit to replace all my cameras. If someone starts the class action - I want in. 

SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo should provide some answers. They just continue to say we’re working on a solution. I’m sure someone will file a class action suit and it will cost Arlo a lot of money.
SHal
Tutor
Tutor

Sadly I purchased another Arlo Go, but the new model, the Arlo Go2 on Verizon for $20/mo. data plan. I discontinued my AT&T plan completely and moved all four of my cell phones to T-mobile.  The Go2 works like the old one used to before AT&T turned off 3G and it also works on wi-fi. I hated to purchase other Arlo product but I had to have a wireless cellular camera.

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor
You can run the new one for $20/month on Verizon? As a stand along or you have to have cell phones and such for that price?
SHal
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I pay $20 for Verizon unlimited data plan plus I paid a $35 activation fee for the Arlo Go2. AT&T went to $75/mo. For the non working Arlo go when I transferred my cell phones to T-Mobile. So I cancelled everything with AT&T.
Nolegirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Two of my cameras continually stay off line. I’ve tried everything and I’m about ready to find another camera and service.