Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Keven55
Guide
Guide
I’ve had the same issue and also with AT&T. From all the comments and what I’ve looked into I believe the problem exsist with Arlo. The other major carriers are also having issues recently with the same issues. I’m unfortunately stuck with AT&T under contract but going away from Arlo. I’m currently trying to work with my provider with the Reolink Go camera which is much better than “No” upgrade cameras offered through Arlo. It’s a matter of compatibility with SIM cards and your provider. More to come.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Let us know how the Reolink cameras work with AT&T please.
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
I have been working with Arlo support on trying to get this fixed. They take multiple days to respond. Hoping they can come up with a solution.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is aware of the reports on this issue with the Arlo GO and ATT. We are working with ATT to resolve the issue. I have a question for the thread.

• For the affected users, can you Private message (Please don't post private info publicy) me with the City/State the Arlo GO/Service is being affected in?

I will pass this info to the the Dev team ASAP.

Thank you!

Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is also a problem for Arlo Go cameras that are on the Arlo mobile plan. 

Superwa
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry didn’t see a link to private message on the phone, only one to request a friendship. I have 2 Arlo Go cameras with AT&T and they are mostly offline now. They are in **. Haven’t had this issue in the 5-6 years I’ve had the cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Superwa wrote:

Sorry didn’t see a link to private message on the phone, only one to request a friendship.

Use this forum to send the PM. Click on the envelope icon on the upper right of the forum page.

angpadg
Initiate
Initiate

Location Jasper, GA

Rasmobob
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS,

I have recent issues with Arlo Go camera as others have, reading the forums.

I am in Palmer Alaska 99645 

Drmwood
Tutor
Tutor
I have two Arlo go cameras, ATT service, different age cameras/locations that both had previously worked fine but for last few weeks both now constantly going offline. I have shared access of my neighbors two Verizon Arlo go cameras and they are not having this problem)
Batteries are draining super fast because of this issue and constantly being offline makes the cameras pretty useless for security.
Westexan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue.  Cameras have always worked fine up until the last month or so.  I can get on the app and toggle the roaming button and sometimes that makes the cameras reconnect.  My cell provider is AT&T.  I see the moderator from Arlo says they are working with AT&T for a solution.  I wonder what the timing on that is.  I hate to keep paying my monthly subscription fee if these cameras will not function properly.  

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
At least now somebody at Arlo is finally admitting there is a legitimate problem and that they are looking into it. It took weeks to get to this point.
Sean138
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 11 Arlo Go's.  My provider is Verizon and just last night, one of the 11 came back on.  Very strange indeed. Arlo has yet to get back to me.  I spent the upgrade in monthly service just so I could speak to a live agent who said a few days ago that they referred my issue to development.  In speaking to our IT department, Arlo was probably anticipating 3 G dropping off and pushed an update that did not work.  Still waiting for Arlo to email me back. 

tango11
Guide
Guide

I have had these  GO cameras for several years and now, all of sudden they remain offline.   They keep telling me that i'm not connected to the internet, these cameras ARE NOT internet cameras, they are cellular cameras.  They now show an internet icon on the picture instead of a cellular connection icon.   This all has happened in last few weeks.   It seems as though ARLO combined it's ARLO GO 2  with the ARLO GO into the same APP, and it can't figure out if it's an internet camera or a cellular camera that its trying to connect to.  I love these cameras until now, but if this is not resolved shortly I will be trashing them all, and I see this same problem has bee reported by user after user with nothing being done about it.

tango11
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem, as I posted below.   I've concluded that the reason the batteries are draining so quickly is because the App now supports the new Arlo Go 2 camera's which can be used with the internet OR cellular.  The app has my cameras continuously trying to connect to the internet which they can't because they are cellular only, and there is no way to tell it otherwise.  If you have the New Arlo Go 2 camera, it allows you to tell it within the app which connection to search for 1st.  It's not brain surgery, but for some reason Arlo declines to admit that there is a problem with the 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT cameras trying to be run by the same app.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tango11 wrote:

I've concluded that the reason the batteries are draining so quickly is because the App now supports the new Arlo Go 2 camera's which can be used with the internet OR cellular.  The app has my cameras continuously trying to connect to the internet which they can't because they are cellular only, and there is no way to tell it otherwise. 

What evidence do you have for this theory?  Are you suddenly seeing a wifi connection option in your Arlo Go settings?  I think there are more plausible explanations - in particular, the Arlo Go is a 3G/LTE camera, and all US carriers are in the process of turning 3G off. 

If your Go camera is on line, you might try changing the network mode to "LTE only", and see if that helps.  Battery drain might increase (LTE requires more power than 3G), but it will prevent the camera from trying to connect on 3G. 

FWIW, the Go 2 isn't the first Arlo camera that can be connected in different ways.  Many of the 20 supported camera models can connect either through home wifi or a base station. Other models can only connect to a base station.  While there are certainly plenty of connection issues reported here, I haven't seen any that suggest to me that the Arlo Cloud is confused about the model of the camera it is controlling. 

Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
If they would make the cellular data switch available that is in the app and now darkened but in the off position maybe it would help. At least that’s the way the settings are for mine and cannot be changed to cellular data on even though it is as they work intermittently and it’s off even when it works.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all the detailed information. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Cory69
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having problems too. Worked fine for 1 year. Now it’s offline more than online. Eureka Mo
Cowboywoody
Aspirant
Aspirant
Burbank, CA 91506. Camera keeps going offline and is no longer recording. Only live feed and that’s sporadic. Worked trouble free for the past couple of years.
Lemmke
Tutor
Tutor

San Francisco Bay Area.  A group of us use multiple Arlo Go cameras with AT&T that all became pretty unusable late January. Yesterday we all received a firmware update.  We hoped this would solve the issue after a month of getting nowhere with AT&T and Arlo.

Unfortunately both my cameras, with fresh batteries, stopped working overnight again., so issue not resolved.

dasmaster
Guide
Guide
Having the exact same issue as everyone else. Had my arlo go for 3 years and starting about 5 weeks ago it just constantly disconnects and goes offline. Rapid flashing amber, rapid flashing blue.. loops like this all day draining the battery. Oh and I just got my latest bill from AT&T which charged me data overage for a camera that hasn’t worked since December… I guess all that constantly trying to connect is heavy on data. Paying double the data for a non working camera? Thanks a lot…
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Same exact issues. Hard to believe they can’t figure out a solution. I have been going back and forth with support and no resolution.
8ntitgrate
Tutor
Tutor

I also have this Arlo offline issue on ATT. I have 2 cameras - one has been online for almost 2 years and the other for a year, nearly flawless until 2 months ago and now are always offline.  I'm in Illinois just outside St Louis Mo. I haven't seen any resolution seen, support was no help and I'll be darn if I can figure out how to PM any support person.

Westexan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep.  A lot of people have same issue.  I’m going to switch to Reolink.  My friend has one and has no issues.  It’s a shame Arlo is doing nothing to fix the issue.