Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Camera keeps going offline

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
rdraab
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue with my GO camera.  It worked flawlessly the first year I've had it.  Now it drops randomly multiple times a day.  I have an AT&T sim card/service.  I've removed my camera from my iPhone app, deleted the app, rebooted my phone, added the app, re-installed the camera and it connects fine.  Then in a few minutes it drops.  If I move the 'roam' option slidebar on the app, the phone will wake up and come back online.  Having the camera go off with no notification as well as not working as expected is useless from a security standpoint.  Something has changed either at AT&T or in the latest Arlo app update a few weeks ago, as this is when the issue started for me. 

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes I agree the issue is either with AT&T or something on Arlo’s end. .
The problems seem like they started for everyone about two or three weeks ago.
Something definitely changed.
I have since switched over to Reolink cameras with t-Mobile service and it has been outstanding.
KyleM88
Initiate
Initiate

I am experiencing the same issues. Had Arlo Go camera working perfectly for 2 years and now over the past few weeks the app says the camera is offline and cellular data setting is grayed out only option is to toggle roaming. 

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes exactly. Had the exact same issue but moved on from Arlo after I was not getting responses from anyone. Hopefully they can resolve this issue for you.
rdraab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not have a positive experience with arlo tech support -

AGENT (Arlo Support): As I have reviewed your chat with the bot, you have issues with the camera that went offline, is that correct?

USER: Correct. It keeps going offline. Randomly.
USER: Having the same issue with my GO camera. It worked flawlessly the first year I've had it. Now it drops randomly multiple times a day. I have an AT&T sim card/service. I've removed my camera from my iPhone app, deleted the app, rebooted my phone, added the app, re-installed the camera and it connects fine. Then in a few minutes it drops. If I move the 'roam' option slidebar on the app, the phone will wake up and come back online. Having the camera go off with no notification as well as not working as expected is useless from a security standpoint. Something has changed either at AT&T or in the latest Arlo app update a few weeks ago, as this is when the issue started for me.

AGENT (Arlo Support): I am so sorry to hear that.
AGENT (Arlo Support): Do you mean that the camera is intermittent offline?

USER: Correct.

AGENT (Arlo Support): I see. Thank you for confirming. Our apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced.
AGENT (Arlo Support): May I know what is the name of the camera affected?

USER: Meaning what I've named it in my profile? Or the product name?
AGENT (Arlo Support): What you name it on your profile.

USER: Front Gate

AGENT (Arlo Support): Thank you for the information.
AGENT (Arlo Support): May I know what have you done so far?

USER: I've removed my camera from my arlo app, deleted the app, rebooted my phone, added the app, re-installed the camera and it connects fine. Then in a few minutes it drops.
USER: If I 'wake up' the camera, by sliding the 'roaming' slider under Cellular settings, the camera comes back online. Then after a while, it will go offline again.
USER: This happens multiple times a day.

AGENT (Arlo Support): I am so sorry to hear about that.
AGENT (Arlo Support): May I know if you have tried to put the camera near the router?

USER: Are you serious???
USER: It's a go camera. there is NO router!!

AGENT (Arlo Support): I see. I am so sorry about that.
AGENT (Arlo Support): Have you already tried to contact AT&T?

USER: No. Started here first. Particularly since others on the forum have the same issues with Verizon.
USER: Is there a software or firmware update to resolve the issue?

AGENT (Arlo Support): I am so sorry to hear about that.
AGENT (Arlo Support): Please refer to this article for all the steps to troubleshoot an Arlo Go offline. Please see attached link: https://kb.arlo.com/1202684/My-Arlo-Go-camera-is-offline-how-can-I-troubleshoot-it

USER: I've done that already. What's the next step?
USER: I don't think you understand. I don't have a problem getting the camera online. It's KEEEPING it online that's the problem.

AGENT (Arlo Support): As for this one, I suggest that you have to contact AT&T to check the coverage area of the provider.
AGENT (Arlo Support): I'll also take a look at my resources and will send further information through email. Would that be okay?

USER: Yes please. Email a resolution. This is NOT an AT&T issues. No other cellular device at my location has connectivity issues. Phones, iPads, automobile, etc.
USER: Appears that Reolink is the answer.

AGENT (Arlo Support): I really do apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced.

Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
If it weren’t such a bad and sad situation it would be a comedy sketch on SNL! Surely someone on this board can escalate this issue above this type of support tech. This has gone on for weeks. I don’t know what else to do but start the switchover to something else. And then let every review site know about our experience with arlo. I mean this is a security issue at my properties and they need to fix it. They broke it and now they need to fix it. Someone at arlo changed something especially with regards to the cellular data button being greyed out. It’s weird because it says it’s disconnected but yet it shows it having a IP address below before I’ve even switched it to roaming. And the roaming button doesn’t always stay on. I can go right back after turning it on and it will be off sometimes. PLEASE ARLO FIX THIS!!
rdraab
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally gave up on Arlo/AT&T.  Purchased a Reolink Go camera on Amazon and added a T-Mobile data (only) plan to the camera for $10/month for 2GB of data.  My Arlo camera uses between 1-2GB per month.  I had my Arlo device on my AT&T data plan for $20/month, so that's a saving.  I did the entire Reolink activation process all online.  T-Mobile confirmed the camera device was compatible with its IMEI and is shipping the sim card.  I'll know in a few days if I have success! 

SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
Talked to Arlo Tech support yesterday. Zero help. I have 3 cameras at 3 separate locations and they are all having the same issue. They blame it on AT&T and take no responsibility and just say your cameras are out of warranty.

Hopefully they can figure this out and I will be switching shortly.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Nice! You will love the Reolink cameras. They work great!
The solar panels keep them charged as well and I am in the dead of winter!
dneumeister
Initiate
Initiate
Has anyone figured out a solution for the ATT Arlo Go's constantly going offline. I have completed the factory resets, removed and readded with the App, and gotten new Sim Cards. Nothing is working. We use these when trapping lost dogs, they are critical. Has anyone figured out the issue.
angpadg
Initiate
Initiate

I’m having same issues. Started in January and camera constantly goes offline.  Looks like Arlo would jump in here for they are loosing loads of customers that won’t be returning!!

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yep. I’m one of the customers they lost.
Who is your service provider?
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
AT&T
Arlo support is not helpful. They won’t even listen that I have cameras at three separate locations all doing the exact same thing.
enichante
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Go with AT&T. Have two cameras that have been fairly reliable. Around the end of January had a few nights with numerous messages saying my camera was offline a period time.

Now, when I view my cameras one or both show as offline at least half the time. It seems like there’s a decrease in the amount of recordings I get it’s extremely unreliable to be able to view live immediately when needed.

This happens with both cameras, in multiple different locations, and happened to others I know who are using them on AT&T as well around the same time. This is a noticeable change that makes them almost useless. Any one else have this issue or thoughts on what it could be?

Superwa2
Tutor
Tutor
Yup, unfortunately it seems to be happens several times all day long. Most annoying.
6633CD02-2B8F-4285-B3BC-5C8A84A11329.png
Jenrn0225
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are having the same problems the last month with this, and it is time for our calving operation out in the barbs! it is off-line and we cannot get it to reset. Arlo please advise! We are a Verizon carrier it has worked fine in the house(some days I’ve noticed lately ‘off-line’) all the sudden quit the last week, very frustrated! Will not even work now!
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
So many people are having this same problem with AT&T as well.
That tells me it is an Arlo issue. Arlo is the common denominator here.
I recommend moving on from them because support is terrible.
Reolink cams have been awesome! So glad I switched.
KyleM88
Initiate
Initiate
Are you able to use the same SIM card that was in the arlo go to Reolink?
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
I don’t know. That is a good question. Hopefully arlo will figure this out.
Keven55
Guide
Guide
I contacted Reolink and I was told “no”, the AT&T SIM card will not work with their cameras. I was informed by Reolink that there is an alternative SIM card . EIOTCLUB Prepaid 4G LTE Cellular SIM Card - No Contract Wireless - USA Compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile Networks for GPS Devices, Security and Hunting Trail Game Cameras - for Data, No Voice & Text”
I’ve contacted AT&T and was informed yes that the card will work it just needs to be activated by AT&T.

I have since purchased the Reolink camera and waiting for the SIM card.
Fingers crossed, I will let the thread know if successful.
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the update.
Yes let me know how you make out with AT&T and Reolink.
Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem and came to the forums! 

Same location for the cameras for a year. They would occasionally lose connection but it would last for a miunte or so. No they are mostly unconnected and when they do connect and I try and go in love or change settings they immediately go back offline.

I have Arlo Mobile. My Verizon Arlo Go works fine. 

Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

AT&T
Arlo support is not helpful. They won’t even listen that I have cameras at three separate locations all doing the exact same thing.>>>

It isn't the camera it is the connection. I think the addition of 5G is making my cameras (arlo plan) connect and disconnect...all day long. 

Sean138
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 11 Arlo Go cameras, Arlo support is terrible.  All but three have gone offline in the same location and nobody will speak to me.  I assume that by Arlo refusing to speak to me or assist means they have no idea what is wrong and why they go offline.  The problem that Arlo better worry about is these cameras are for safety and security and they are not even trying to figure out this issue.  Everything online that is suggested to fix this issue does nothing.  Lets go Arlo!

Courtneyd1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got an email from ATT that I have to upgrade my device or it will stop working April 1st.. .. I'm wondering if now I have to switch to Verizon and get arlo go 2 since apparently arlo go is no longer compatible with this new 5g stuff