Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

moprabbit
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Arlo Go cameras in various positions around a field. Two of them are always going offline. I've changed their positions, cleaned the sim cards, done factory resets, put them in the same positions as other cameras but still they go offline. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

An update is now starting to roll out for Arlo Go users who experienced offline issues with their camera. We expect it to reach all Arlo Go cameras in the coming week. Users may need to reboot (remove/re-insert the battery) and recharge the battery to receive the update, if your camera is already back online, no further interaction is necessary.

Additionally, we would like to clarify that this issue was not related to the 3G shutdown that has occurred on some carrier networks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. We'll continue to closely monitor your feedback to ensure your issue has been resolved.

Team Arlo

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Arlo is actively working with carriers to identify all the variables that could be contributing to this issue. It is a high priority for Arlo.

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback & continued patience while we work to resolve this issue.  We are actively working with our partner at AT&T to troubleshoot the situation.

292 REPLIES 292
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for the follow up. I gave up on this and just purchased all new Reolink cams.
I really liked Arlo while they worked but I had to move on.
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
Please let me know how they work function wise compared to the arlo go if you don’t mind when you get them installed and working.

This is so stupid. Arlo support has always been less than helpful. As they only tell me to pull the battery and reinstall and that’s all they know. I hope you new cameras work and have good support if needed.
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m having the same problem with both my arlo go cameras constantly going offline recently and coming back for limited times. It’s hit or miss. They have changed something. My cameras are in the same place for Avery long time with good signal and worked fine up until a few weeks ago. If you get a fix please share.
Keven55
Guide
Guide
Thanks Brian, I was looking at the same but unclear if it will work for AT&T. ?
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice

I will definitely let you know. I am going to go with T-Mobile for the Reolink cams because I am seeing a lot of people are having compatibility issues with AT&T and I don't need more frustration, LOL. 

Keven55
Guide
Guide
Yes my bars are completely Grayed out until I go into settings and turn on roaming. I’m seriously starting to believe this is a Arlo failure is sort.

I have reached out to their text support and was a complete waist of time if you can talk to anyone. Good luck 𝘊𝘰 and I too share your frustrations
Staska
Aspirant
Aspirant
What i did:
1) deleted my arlo go from app
2) bought another sim-card from other mobile service operator
3) install arlo Go in app
Now 8 days camera work without any issues. I don’t think that i fix something, but for me it is working at least now. BR. Stanislav
Courtneyd1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ive had this same issue for weeks...... can not get help from arlo or att...... I've tried everything they recommended at att and arlo and nothing seems to work....
Jtmsonny
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras over the last week are offline. Yet
They are still alerting me of motion. But when I open the app. It says offline. I have reset both cameras, deleted and added them back. Same issue. The cellular signal is go. So why are the showing offline?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @blackskyUFO

Have you called At&T customer support regarding this issue? 

blackskyUFO
Initiate
Initiate
I work for AT&T
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 42916221

Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
AT&T were not able to resolve this issue.
They provided me unlimited Sim cards and thought that would take care of the problem, but it didn’t.
I have since moved on to Reolink cams.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing your feedback, let me look in to this issue & I will provide an update as soon as possible!

Keven55
Guide
Guide
Brian
Did you have to change cell providers or does the Reolink work with AT&T?
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
I switched to T-Mobile per the recommendations of the camera manufacturer.
Westexan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. I have two cameras. They are constantly going offline. I’m not picking up videos at times. I know because I have videos of vehicles driving away the never showed up as pulling in. I see people recommending Reolink cameras. A friend of mine has both types and likes his Reolink better than his Arlo. Arlo needs to figure this out. Until now I was satisfied with the way my cameras worked.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which carriers are you all experiencing this issue with?

Thanks

Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
AT&T
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
ATT was no help for me either. It’s showing cellular data is greyed out in settings but it seems to somehow get cell service now and again. Sometimes if I leave the app open one or both may or may not come back online but I have to leave it open a good while. Otherwise it’s just what is in the pic below. It also misses a lot of motion but the weird thing is some days it gets more than others. Thanks for any help you can provide to us all.
DDB31DE6-C61C-45D1-A85B-04B6C4462B76.png
Courtneyd1981
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have AT&T my friend has Verizon we use these cameras for lost dog trapping...... they both randomly go offline, mine does more often.... like every time I close the app hers does every so often...... my started that way but now is significantly worst. I DID NOTICE........ if I'm in the app for a few minutes watching a different camera mine comes back on...... you can actually watch it light up from the working camera if it's facing it........ I'm 99 percent sure when it does start working and I'm in the app it doesn't go offline until I actually close the app.....could he coincidence but not too sure
SMN80
Tutor
Tutor
I have 3 Arlo go and they have been saying offline just this last week. I have been using for 2 years with no issues.
Please help!
ArloGoVML4030
Guide
Guide
My camera is also offline since a couple of days ago. This happens from time to time. The only thing working for me is to pull out the battery and put it back in. Not fun when the camera is is placed miles away from where I live
-Arlo Go VML4030-100PES SN: 51D Location: Sweden FW: 1.096.3.1_1.8.63.0_0 .6.5.19.GC.002 -
Duckdunn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been back and forth for a year with Verizon and Arlo. Our is at a summer home, not very convenient to troubleshoot. Same issue..goes off line..if there is a bad signal goes off line, If it’s too cold..off line, if it’s having a bad hair day offline.. No rhyme or reason. I have even ran 120volts to the camera for continuous charging. Per Arlo suggestion..still goes offline. I Bought new charger and new battery..goes offline..I am on my 5th replacement camera. No one has a good answer. I believe there is something with these cameras and Arlo will not own it. They are expensive for one thing that’s for sure..I do wonder as someone mentioned 5G compatibility..just frustrating very frustrating
Briankook
Apprentice
Apprentice
I highly recommend moving on from Arlo and go with Reolink.
Everything has been flawless since I made the switch a few days ago!