Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation
Kotletukas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. 

Have ARLO GO that cant connect to cloud. After QR scan get good chime, get blue/purple flashing and later orange fast blinking.

Tried 3 good know working SIM cards with active data plans. No PINs.

I know that SIMs are working in ARLO GO, and make good data sessions, send data to netgear.com and ngxcld.com servers. So data is working.

It looks like ARLO did change something and cant admit it. After that older (maybe not updated) cameras cant connect to server. 

How that can be solved?

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where are you located? Who is the service provider for the SIMS you are using?

JamesC

Bomix-chan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got same problem here in Hong Kong, addition is after 1st scan the QR code, I input APN as app prompt to, re-scan QR code, get another chime when LED in blue/purple, then back to error, LED turn off after scan QR code, reset the camera to default factory setting by QR code tens of time, not working carrier is CSL 1010, and smartone.

Sjovik
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same problem in Sweden, tested 3 different simcard (all Telia) and no contact!

Has anyone a solution for Telia?

Hejhej
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had the same problem with halebop/Telia. I put the sim card into a phone and removed the pincode. It worked after that

Joker526
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here in Switzerland. SIM card works. Can not connect anymore to the cloud. Seems that Arlo has an Issue.

Bomix-chan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Contact support, cannot solve the problem, no updates for days……. So sad, my Orbi still got solution for 1st generation problem…..

Bomix-chan
Aspirant
Aspirant

They suggest me to upgrade it……………………

Bomix-chan
Aspirant
Aspirant

May I ask if my go warranty was expired and I’m not at USA, only solution is buy a new one? And if same happen, I still can only buy another new one? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Even in the US, if the warranty has expired there's no replacements offered so a new one is needed. You could purchase a monthly single camera plan to access official support to see if they have any additional troubleshooting suggestions and then cancel the sub when done.

BTW, you likely can't buy another Go (it's been discontinued) so you'd have to buy a Go 2 which will require a sub for cloud recordings.

Bomix-chan
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for your reply, I had get one month subscription and was helpless, on new purchase, I understand only go 2 is available, but do I should get it and if they change system again, and cannot use the cam again like these time.

Dragosch1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem in Romania with Vodafone and Digi networks, none is working.

I have 1 x Arlo Go working fine and another one that is not connecting to the cloud/App. I've tried everything possible, even typed the APN manualy , the camera is not recognized by the APP.

ARLO Support can you do something ???? there are a lot of us with this type of problem and Arlo GO is not a cheap camera even if it's recently discountinued.

PineRC
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo is such BS now. No replacements, no GOOD support for older models and pushing you to buy new products which will last a year or two. After reading so many of these same issues and resolutions of “buying a new one” I’m done with Arlo.

Norcha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem old Arlo go works fine and now buy a ne one and it won't connect to cloud service 

Support is totally useless!

Seems cloud server is locked for older camera's

DON'T BUY ARLO GO FIRST GENERATION YOU CAN'T ACTIVATE IT ANYMORE

A PIECE OF 0LASTIC BRICK

will see how long old camera will be support to connect to cloud

Done with arlo 

Norcha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here! Old Arlo go works fine. Buy a new arlo go and can't connect to cloud service. Support try tell me tha cam is defective or all around set-up instructions but looks  ARE FOR OLD GO CAMERA'S CLOSED ACCESS TO CLOUD SERVICES unfortunately

Will try call and get answers 

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 In Conversation