Sensitivity setting now gone

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the latest iOS app update the camera sensitivity setting is gone. Where did it go??

15 REPLIES 15
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BJPro4 Thanks for the feedback, so I can address this properly, do you see the feed or library option for viewing recordings from the App? 

BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see everything as before except for the option of changing the camera sensitivity. This was really nice to have because on really windy days, which we have a lot of, i could turn the sensitivity down to stop getting a bunch of notifications for trees and plants moving in the wind.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't answer the question about whether you see Library or Feed to view videos. There's a significant difference in the answers so you have to provide all details.

BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I can see these

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can see WHICH? They're mutually exclusive.

BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so you want to be finitely specific. I get it now…I see the feeds and the library.
The one thing that is no longer on the iOS app that I would like to have is the control to adjust each camera sensitivity individually. It was in the iOS app until the latest iOS app update. Now I either cannot find it or it has been removed. 
i would like to know has this setting been removed in the latest iOS app update. If so, just say so, or tell me where it was put. 
If it has been removed I would like to request that it be put back on the iOS app. This was a feature I found to be of enormous value. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BJPro4 wrote:

Ok, so you want to be finitely specific. I get it now…I see the feeds and the library.

You still aren't understanding his question.

Does your app show "Library" at the bottom of the screen?  OR does it show "Dashboard" and "Feed" instead.  This is an either-or question.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Assuming you are now on the feed as opposed to library UX - Go to Devices - select the camera - go to settings - default mode settings - and you will find the sensitivity setting there.

BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

that is exactly how I accessed this setting before the update. Now that setting is no longer there. The only settings there are video brightness and audio levels. The Default Settings does not appear. 

BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_9026.png

IMG_9025.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're missing a whole lot of stuff, not just Default Mode Settings. Reboot the phone and reinstall the app. The attached screenshot is from Android but iOS should be similar.

Screenshot_20230806-093859.png
BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted the app, rebooted my phone, re-downloaded the app, and nothing is different. I have never had the settings you do in the ios app. I think the ios update is extremely lacking…

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I totally blew past the fact that you're apparently using a 1st gen Go camera - I wonder if that's the issue. Anyway, try editing the rule for the camera in Routines and add an action of Customize Device. If that's available, you should be able to make whatever settings you wish.

BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok that works, but what a pain to go through all those steps just to change sensitivity settings, and have to do it for every camera via a routine modification. 
maybe Arlo will update the ios app again to put the sensitivity setting back in…jguerdat

BJPro4
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat…thanks for the help. 

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation