Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
TRC1
Follower
Follower

After downloading new Arlo app I cannot turn off my four Arlo Go2 cameras with one easy click?  I have to turn each one off at a time?  That's terribly inconvenient and the app is not user friendly at all.  The old app was much easier and worked.  This new app is very confusing to a lot of people as I am finding out.  

There has to be a way to turn off all four cameras with one click.  Anybody else know how?

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TRC1 wrote:

After downloading new Arlo app I cannot turn off my four Arlo Go2 cameras with one easy click?  I have to turn each one off at a time? 

If all the cameras are in one location, you can just change to standby mode.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @TRC1 

You can find more info regarding Arming and Disarming your devices with the new Arlo experience 4.0 here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062829/Arm-or-Disarm-Arlo-Devices-Arlo-Secure-4-0

atay-or5
Tutor
Tutor

I despise this new app. You’ve changed terminology and made it very difficult to use and to understand. Hours have been wasted in my life trying to figure this app out and I still haven’t been able to figure out how to turn off just one camera when I’m home.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @atay-or5 

To turn off a device manually, you can navigate to Devices > Select the Device > Settings Device ON (Toggle Off)

atay-or5
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently, when the App Updates you have to reset everything that’s the first problem. But I want to figure out is how to set one camera that I use to watch my dog while I’m away in the past I’d set Geofencing, However, apparently it’s much more complicated than it was in the past, and I can’t get it to go on when I’m not here. As far as turning the camera off, that was during the time I was trying to figure out the Geo fencing, and I couldn’t even turn the camera off. However, my problem now is, I can’t get it to go on when I’m away with geofencing.

atay-or5
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate you, reaching out to help me, out of curiosity Are you the software engineer that developed this app?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@atay-or5 

I am not. It looks like you have not selected a device to trigger when you leave your location. this is located under Your Arrive/Leave Mode (Home) > Leave > select When: Specific people leave (Select your device) > Then: Add an action,  > Change Mode > Arm Away > Save

Under your Modes Section you can add the various devices and rules to be set for the mode change.

You can find more info here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062822/What-are-Arrive-Leave-Automations-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-for-my-Arlo-s...

mc17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have existing 4 cameras which have been using for awhile now. Bought a new video doorbell, and updated the arlo app. Very very confusing now, not easy to disarm. Tried the standby but still getting notifications. Cant even do a device off on doorbell. I shouldnt have added this doorbell, at least I just have to get rid of the 4 cameras, replace it with another brand.

mc17
Aspirant
Aspirant

You cant device off video doorbell? Very frustrating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you're using the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings, edit the rule for the doorbell in whatever mode is appropriate and disable motion detection. Enable it when needed again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TRC1 wrote:

There has to be a way to turn off all four cameras with one click.  Anybody else know how?

Are you saying "Standby" doesn't do what you need?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation