Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go 2: Does solar charging kick in only for a battery charge percent below some amount?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jonam_indus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Over the past few days, every morning I end up restarting the camera to get back the Solar sun icons. But since about 2 days the charge has been back to 100%, and I noticed that even after charging the solar sun icon did not light up. I am wondering if this has something to do with the percentage. Hence I think it did not charge the camera.

Today the camera is down to 98% and even for that the solar sun icon did not light up. Any ideas or thoughts on this? Is there a battery level percentage when the solar charging kicks in?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonam_indus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think physically reconnecting so far may not be required based on my recent experience with Arlo Go 2 which is not a lot. I will watch this over a period of time.

It did finally kick in the solar sun icon about 4 hours after the sun showed up. So there must be some smart logic it has? Such as temperature of battery etc. It's not clear. But it worked on it's own without having me to do anything.

It's just that I cannot predict how it will work. It's hard to tell when there is a defect or if there is.

And yes I am 120 miles away from the camera most of the time, so it's hard for me to physically disconnect the solar panel to test your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

See this for descriptionns of the battery icons:

https://kb.arlo.com/000038930/What-do-the-Arlo-camera-battery-level-icons-and-notifications-mean

There have been recent complaints about needing to physically reconnect the panel in order for the panel to be seen. Have you tried that?

jonam_indus
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think physically reconnecting so far may not be required based on my recent experience with Arlo Go 2 which is not a lot. I will watch this over a period of time.

It did finally kick in the solar sun icon about 4 hours after the sun showed up. So there must be some smart logic it has? Such as temperature of battery etc. It's not clear. But it worked on it's own without having me to do anything.

It's just that I cannot predict how it will work. It's hard to tell when there is a defect or if there is.

And yes I am 120 miles away from the camera most of the time, so it's hard for me to physically disconnect the solar panel to test your question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation