Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

bad firmware 1.090.32.0.0_32_52bad30 is back?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
sir_seagill
Star
Star

we had the whole issue where the new update bricked the cameras before. Arlo rolled back and things worked again. now one of my cameras is back on the bad firmware again? what is going on?

i'm doing the smaller video size hack so it still connects because I can not be bothered to restart the thing again because last time it took over 3 hours

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1.090.32.0.0_32_52bad30  was rolled back. Do you have more than one camera?

You might try removing and resyncing the problematic camera to see if it corrects the firmware after reinstallation.

JamesC

fhornhead
Tutor
Tutor

i just had the same EXACT issue as you described.  the roll back fixed all three cameras, then out of the blue, yesterday, one of the three cameras was forced this bad update.  now i have two cameras.

this bad update came out of nowhere and there is no way to stop it once it gets pushed to your camera.  I did a hard reset on the camera and re-installed it.  upon install, part of the process is checking for new firmware updates.  it didn't find any.....so i still have the firmware on that one camera that is the subject of this thread.  1.090.32.0_32_52bad30 

can we have the bad one replaced with the one that seems to work on the other two? that firmware version is 1.090.31.0_21_55537e7 and it works like a champ.