Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MM5483
Aspirant
Aspirant

Smart hub vmb5000 is online with router and will not find any of the cameras after numerous attempts to sync.

They are two essential and a pro 4 camera. my older arlos are connected to a VMB3000 and are working correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM5483
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! That worked. 👍

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MM5483 wrote:

Smart hub vmb5000 is online with router and will not find any of the cameras after numerous attempts to sync.

They are two essential and a pro 4 camera. my older arlos are connected to a VMB3000 and are working correctly.

Try turning off the VMB3000 briefly, and looking for WiFi networks on your phone or PC.  Are you seeing one that starts with ARLO_VMB?

MM5483
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I see one.

MM5483
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes but cannot connect to that network without a password.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MM5483 wrote:

yes but cannot connect to that network without a password.

That is expected.  I asked if you could see the network, since that confirms that the base wifi is working.  It is, so that is not the issue in your case.

If you are only onboarding with the app, then I suggest also trying to use a PC browser (my.arlo.com).  Make sure you select the correct essential model for the essential cameras (selecting "Essential" for the "Essential Spotlight" won't work).

If these are new cameras, you could try onboarding one of them to your home wifi first.  That will activate the trial subscription, and you could then access phone support using the support area in the app.

MM5483
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I found that resetting the smart hub and resetting all the cameras they will now connect.

Only thing now is that all cameras on the smart hub are either armed or disarmed per schedule I set up.

I usually like to keep front door camera armed all the time.  

Thanks for your help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MM5483 wrote:

Only thing now is that all cameras on the smart hub are either armed or disarmed per schedule I set up.

I usually like to keep front door camera armed all the time.  

A lot of people trip over this.

When you use a base station, you schedule modes, not cameras.  Each mode contains rules for various cameras.  If a rule for a camera is missing, then when that mode is active the camera the camera is disarmed.

So what you need to do is create a custom mode that only has a rule for the front door camera.  Then modify the schedule to use that mode instead of disarmed. https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

MM5483
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! That worked. 👍