Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Trialn - add 2 additional cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MarcellRN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have activated a trial for the Arlo spotlight essential.  I was gifted another 2 pack and trying to add to the trial so they can record.  Currently only 1 camera is recording.  Is it possible to 1. add the other 2 cameras to the trial period or 2 start a second trial for the new set?  

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarcellRN wrote:

I was gifted another 2 pack and trying to add to the trial so they can record. 

Were they ever on-boarded to another account?

If they were, then they are not eligible for the trial.

MarcellRN
Aspirant
Aspirant
No they were brand new
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarcellRN wrote:
No they were brand new

Then they should have been opted into their own trial subscription when you onboarded them. 

Are you saying that didn't happen?

MarcellRN
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is correct.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarcellRN wrote:
That is correct.

You can try contacting support using the support options in the app - if you select a camera that is still in the trial, you will see a phone option.  You can use that, even though your issue is with different cameras.

Don't google for support - that will lead to a scam site.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), as they might also be able to help escalate this.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarcellRN,

You say these cameras were gifted. Do you know from where they were originally purchased?

JamesC

MarcellRN
Aspirant
Aspirant
No but box was sealed and in original plastic
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarcellRN,

New cameras automatically apply the trial after onboarding. This takes place without any specific interaction on your part aside from syncing the camera (same experience you describe having for your first camera).

If the cameras do not automatically apply a trial after onboarding, this is typically an indication that the trial has already been consumed. You will need to contact support within the Arlo mobile app to verify if these cameras have been previously claimed before and whether they are eligible for a trial.

JamesC