Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC2030 - two wifi connections?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tjones112
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bout this, but I will return if I can't connect to two different wifi. My dirveway is 1300ft long and my neighbor will let me connect to their wifi so I can have a camera at the top of my dirveway. However I also want to use my home wifi for the other camera's. Can I do this with this model number. By the way I HATE  not having a customer support phone to talk to an actual person. Right from the beginning I'm not impressed with the lack of customer support.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tjones112 wrote:

I just bout this, but I will return if I can't connect to two different wifi. My dirveway is 1300ft long and my neighbor will let me connect to their wifi so I can have a camera at the top of my dirveway. However I also want to use my home wifi for the other camera's. Can I do this with this model number.

When you onboard each camera, you tell it the wifi network to which you want it to connect (network name and password).  The phone running the app needs to be on the same network that you want that camera to use.  Different cameras can be onboarded to different networks.

The neighbor will of course need to trust you with their wifi credentials.  The neighbor won't have access to the camera (or any stored videos), unless you share the camera using the "friend" account feature.

tjones112
Aspirant
Aspirant

FORGET THIS, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE....I returned Arlo and picked up a Ring....already happy with my Ring!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tjones112,

Did you experience an issue during setup? What you're trying to do is possible, you just need to connect your mobile device to the desired network before you start onboarding each camera, as StephenB mentions above.

JamesC