Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Monitoring methods over 24 hours

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JontyNZ
Follower
Follower

I have 2 Arlo Essential XL Wire Free Spotlight 1080 security cams, 1 covering front door and 1 inside covering entrance and lounge. I have started doing the usual covid work from home. I work in a home office down the other end of the house. To save battery life I don’t want notifications every time I walk into camera range when im awake and at home, but I would like to be notified if someone else does if im out or asleep. What is the best combination of settings (schedule and geofencing possibly) to cover this situation? 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Personally I'd leave the outdoor camera armed (unless you or maybe pets are moving into its frame of view a lot). Then schedule the indoor camera to be disarmed during your normal work hours.

Start by using geofencing during awake hours, and schedule the cameras to be armed when you are normally sleeping.  You do this by having the geofencing "Away" mode be Armed, and it's Home mode as "Schedule".

One thing to be aware of - you can't schedule across midnight.  You have to schedule the mode to end at 11:59, and then schedule it again to start at midnight.